Question for the powers to be

LancelotClone

Apr 18, 2018
Didn't realize Iowa State Softball was having a great season.

Looked up and saw they finished 5th out of 7 teams with a 7-11 conference record (32-23 overall).

Realized Iowa State Softball is not having a great season.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I don't know about softball but there damn well should be a BASEBALL thread again someday...oh wait, I just meant there should be BASEBALL again someday. ;-)

TDclones

Nov 29, 2006
Didn't realize Iowa State Softball was having a great season.

Looked up and saw they finished 5th out of 7 teams with a 7-11 conference record (32-23 overall).

Realized Iowa State Softball is not having a great season.
Ask yee yee shall receive...keep your head in the sand! To win over 30 games in softball is remarkable, something that has not been done in a long time. The Big 12 in softball is good. There are some good things happening and these girls deserve the support! It's too bad that thus forum gets ruined by the think they know it all, smart*** trolls on here! All I'm doing is making a case for another group of students athletes that deserve some publicity...my bad!

• Friendly
  • Agree
Reactions: cyputz and cstrunk

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I was hoping to get a more intelligent response which is why it was entitled "Question for the Powers To Be" . I happen to coach and love the sport of softball and feel they are deserving to have a forum on here. They have a great season going in right now! These girls deserve discussion and publicity just as much as any other sport! This is a genuine question hoping for an intelligent response.

I find college softball very entertaining. I was a huge baseball fan growing up, but I love the intensity of softball with the smaller space. I like seeing the pitcher-batter battles in baseball more, but the action in softball is so much better to watch.

And I had no idea they were doing well. That’s awesome. I always figured they’d be bottom dwellers with our cold weather problems.

• Winner
Reactions: Gunnerclone

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don't know about softball but there damn well should be a BASEBALL thread again someday...oh wait, I just meant there should be BASEBALL again someday. ;-)

I actually prefer women’s softball to any form of baseball.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Ask yee yee shall receive...keep your head in the sand! To win over 30 games in softball is remarkable, something that has not been done in a long time. The Big 12 in softball is good. There are some good things happening and these girls deserve the support! It's too bad that thus forum gets ruined by the think they know it all, smart*** trolls on here! All I'm doing is making a case for another group of students athletes that deserve some publicity...my bad!

At least you are owning it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Cleaver

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
If it was a worthwhile forum topic there would be threads popping up more often for it in the general sports or off topic forums.

If you are passionate about Iowa state softball and want to discuss it, post a ***official 2020 ISU softball season thread*** in the off topic or general sports section and see what type of responses and discussion you get.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I always figured I was one of the odd ones because I do try to watch what all of our teams are doing. I think the OP is just making the point that "relatively speaking" the softball team is making progress and deserves some props.

Beat #8 Texas today. Won the Cy Hawk game now two years in a row. But I don't think we can have a separate forum for every sport. Just use General Discussion.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I wouldn't hold my breath on any site design being updated. Generally for the smaller topics you just start a thread that catches all the discussion. Works for soccer at least.

And golf and cross country. I've done threads on those and got some interest. The more you include in a post, say news/photos/tweets, the more response you'll get.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Why does softball not have there own forum? They are have a great season a deserve discussion. Just wondering what it takes to get a softball forum on this site? Thanks!

Here's an idea: Try starting more than 1 thread and posting more than 138 times in 12-1/2 years (none of which were about softball until this thread).

Seriously, this site is powered by people who care about things, including stuff much less important and relevant than softball, gymnastics, swimming, golf, etc. Get a half dozen people who care about softball as much as you to start threads and post in them every day. Many of the highest profile threads are sustained for months by a handful of posters.

Bottom line: Own your own solution, don't expect it to be handed to you.

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I was hoping to get a more intelligent response which is why it was entitled "Question for the Powers To Be" . I happen to coach and love the sport of softball and feel they are deserving to have a forum on here. They have a great season going in right now! These girls deserve discussion and publicity just as much as any other sport! This is a genuine question hoping for an intelligent response.

JFC just start a 2019 softball season thread under College sports/B12 or something like that and then post your updates. Besides terrible spelling and and a poor thread title you didn't even put the team's record in your post or their last win. Sometimes you have to help yourself a little bit.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I always figured I was one of the odd ones because I do try to watch what all of our teams are doing. I think the OP is just making the point that "relatively speaking" the softball team is making progress and deserves some props.

Beat #8 Texas today. Won the Cy Hawk game now two years in a row. But I don't think we can have a separate forum for every sport. Just use General Discussion.

Why didn't the OP give us this information?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron