Five Guys Coming to Ames

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
You lost me at In n' Out. In n' Out is literally the worst fast food I've ever eaten.
It's overrated. With the cheap bun, the thick piece of iceberg lettuce, onion slices and a tomato slice, there just isn't much flavor to it. I guess it's priced pretty good though.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloneG

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
It's overrated. With the cheap bun, the thick piece of iceberg lettuce, onion slices and a tomato slice, there just isn't much flavor to it. I guess it's priced pretty good though.

That's my exact experience. The burger has absolutely no flavor but the fries are what completely ruined it for me. Worst fries ever.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
They just go to all the places that don’t have a shake shack. Then once shake shack comes in they die off pretty quickly.
Shake Shack is pretty good.

Last year, we went to a Shake Shack near Dupont Circle in DC on a Saturday night. It was full of women dressed in slinky dresses to go out clubbing (or whatever the kids are calling it these days). It's kind of a weird sight to see that at a place known for greasy burgers, fries and ice cream.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I like Five Guys but its not twice as good as Wendys which is half the price. Also Wendys has a drive thru so I dont have to risk falling over when Im drunk, or getting anxiety from dealing with people face to face because Im too high, or some combination of both.

tenor.gif

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
That's my exact experience. The burger has absolutely no flavor but the fries are what completely ruined it for me. Worst fries ever.

In n Out is a different category than even BBops is. It’s a MCDonalds, Wendy’s, BK competitor with its price points.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
The fries are pretty bad and, in your case, you can't even douse them in ketchup to cover up the bad flavor. Or maybe they were bad enough that you did actually douse them in ketchup.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
The fries are pretty bad and, in your case, you can't even douse them in ketchup to cover up the bad flavor. Or maybe they were bad enough that you did actually douse them in ketchup.

I thought that at first. The fries are somewhat bland, but order them animal style or crispy and it's a different ballgame.

Never understood the cult of In-n-Out. It's aight.....

5 Guys is simply awful.
Steak n Shake is garbage

I would kick my moms for Shake Shack

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
I had 5 guys once after hearing about how great it was by the world. It was okay, but it for damn sure wasn’t worth the price. The shake wasn’t anything great either. I would eat it again, but only if someone else paid. There are way better burgers out there. B-Bops is way better and cheaper for instance.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I thought that at first. The fries are somewhat bland, but order them animal style or crispy and it's a different ballgame.

Never understood the cult of In-n-Out. It's aight.....

5 Guys is simply awful.
Steak n Shake is garbage

I would kick my moms for Shake Shack
Alright. Next trip to Arizona, when my family forces me to eat at In n Out, I'll order the fries animal style. I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

Am I allowed to state that I like the Jack in the Box tacos? I know that there's nothing authentic, natural or healthy about them but they're just kinda cravable.

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Iowans are so damn cheap. My goodness... sometimes if you want something good you have to pay a little bit more for it.

This board cracks me up with how cheap it is. Don't buy a new car, EVER, save all your money, don't buy a hamburger over 4 bucks, wear the same cargo shorts from when you were in Larch Hall, and don't live in the city because you get so much more for your money in a depressing suburb!

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
The burgers are delicious. Find me the price of McDonald's fancy burger with the same amount of custom toppings and it is probably around 10 bucks as well. Fries are meh. You get a ton but thicker fries aren't my jam.

McDonald's "fancy" burgers aren't that great. Not a lot of flavor. Just get the Quarter Pounder. Or the Double Quarter Pounder. You'll be happy.

• Winner
Reactions: khardbored

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron