SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
giphy.gif

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
If he's feeling any pressure because of stories like this, or fans' expectations, he certainly hides it very well. (I'm guessing his own expectations are as high as anyone else's.)

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
If he's feeling any pressure because of stories like this, or fans' expectations, he certainly hides it very well. (I'm guessing his own expectations are as high as anyone else's.)

The pressure internal to and integral of "the process" is orders of magnitude greater than any "pressure" that comes from external sources. When encountering the event horizon of "the process", fan and/or pundit expectations first get stretched to infinity before being pulled to nothing, leaving no trace that they ever existed.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I can't wait to see what CMC does with more talent. Don't get me wrong, we have had a lot of key players make it happen mostly on heart and hard work. Now we are going to see that combined with a new level of talent. Pressure will be on but I expect big things.

BTW, does Ferentz get a $500K bonus because he made this list?

• Funny
Reactions: intrepid27

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Cutcliffe is outstanding. I get why you would not understand, but he’s highly highly respected for the work he did at ole miss and now Duke

He had bigger schools wanting him to leave Duke and he turned them down. It would be tough to win at a place like Duke.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I love the exposure for Coach Campbell! Tons of respect for him getting Iowa State to jump from the 3-4 win seasons to the 8 win seasons. That is not an easy task...but is it easier than going from 8 wins to 10 wins? If Coach Campbell gets us there...he should be in the top 5 on these lists...maybe top 3! Playing Iowa, Texas and Oklahoma every year makes every game on the rest of your schedule crucially important...if double digit wins is the expectation! He has done a helluva job to this point...but he will have to do an even better job (if possible) to move Iowa State to that next level! Great to see him on these lists for sure!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Remo Gaggi
L

LincolnWay187

I hope pollard keeps getting that checkbook out and trying to extend matt as long as he can. Even if we have a down year eventually, i am confident he is going to keep us going in the right dirextion

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
This should cause an uproar from baby brother at TOE.

KF is a very good coach, and is good at winning his way. Just like ISU, it is hard to win at Iowa. It is certainly an easier schedule for them every year, but they do win a lot of close games with shear toughness and determination. Something that I see in the Cyclones more and more every year under CMC.