Des Moines Event Venues

HoraceGrant

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2011
I am looking at different event venues in the Des Moines area for a corporate event. What are some of your favorite venues for events in the area? Probably need space for 75-105 people depending on the turnout.

Would have to be booze-friendly. Budget is semi-flexible. Usually this event is business-casual, so preferably not just at a dive bar type of place.

JohnnyAl

May 12, 2010
I am looking at different event venues in the Des Moines area for a corporate event. What are some of your favorite venues for events in the area? Probably need space for 75-105 people depending on the turnout.

Would have to be booze-friendly. Budget is semi-flexible. Usually this event is business-casual, so preferably not just at a dive bar type of place.
Sticks Art Studio is cool for events in Des Moines

Www.sticks.com

rpcyclone2013

Jan 4, 2017
Nevada, IA
My company had a party at the operating room in the West Glen area. We had probably 70 people there, but it would be able to accommodate more than that.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Iowa Tap Room (Back or side room), Teachout Building, Noce Jazz Club (Back room), Raccoon River Nature Lodge, Simpson Johnson Barn.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Forte downtown is right next to wells fargo arena. Pretty good spot. Barrattas caters.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines

There are several cool event spaces downtown and they seem to keep opening up others. Short on time, but will get back to you later this eve.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
We had our Christmas party at the Botanical Center. Hired a bartending crew, and food caterers. Probably 80 people attended.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Decades in West Des Moines is a great space. Full bar, plenty of free parking, can use your own catering, and will easily hold your group. Wife and I got married and had our reception there, it was perfect. Kale is a great guy to work with for setting up your event.

https://www.decadeswdm.com/

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Here are several ideas:

https://assets.simpleviewinc.com/si...ions_c9c5a61c-73f5-4324-95c4-09279ea65da7.pdf

This tool might work well too : https://www.catchdesmoines.com/planners/group-dining/dining-search/

There seems to be a lot of demand for "event space" as they seem to keep popping up....especially downtown. Sorry I don't know the names, but there is a newer one in the old brewery building across from Principal Park and also one across the street from Peace Tree Brewery on East Court. Also a nice one that overlooks the Sculpture Park (next to Americana) .

The private room they have at the Iowa Tap Room is really a cool setup. Not sure of capacity, but it is pretty good sized.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: STLISU

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
We had our Christmas party at the Botanical Center. Hired a bartending crew, and food caterers. Probably 80 people attended.

That is a cool place to do stuff especially in the winter when you are sick of dry cold air. Nice and humid inside, feels nice.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Here is several ideas:

https://assets.simpleviewinc.com/si...ions_c9c5a61c-73f5-4324-95c4-09279ea65da7.pdf

This tool might work well too : https://www.catchdesmoines.com/planners/group-dining/dining-search/

There seems to be a lot of demand for "event space" as they seem to keep popping up....especially downtown. Sorry I don't know the names, but there is a newer one in the old brewery building across from Principal Park and also one across the street from Peace Tree Brewery on East Court. Also a nice one that overlooks the Sculpture Park (next to Americana) .

The private room they have at the Iowa Tap Room is really a cool setup. Not sure of capacity, but it is pretty good sized.

Not totally sure but I think you're thinking of the River Center. I was there for a fundraiser last fall. Lots of exposed brick and reclaimed wood; nice place. Might be a little bigger space than the OP needs, though.

Jasper Winery has a pretty good setup, too.

Reactions: capitalcityguy

Help Support Us

Become a patron