It's official: Tool is in the studio

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Looks like they've released more but they are all nose bleed seats.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Here's a fun fact that most of you probably didn't know. In the early 90's Tool drummer Danny Carry (sp?) was in the band Green Jelly, and did their famous Cereal Killer Soundtrack. Maynard did the "not by the hair on my chinny chin chin" vocals on The Three Little Pigs.

Omg I wore that green jelly CD out back in like ‘90-91

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I think a lot of problems with Lyrics now are that these lead singers have a ton of side projects. So they have to come up with so much more and it waters down the lyrics. Corey Taylor has done a solid job so far even with the Stone Sour stuff. I think that is mostly because his bands are completely different. Maynard writes basically the same type of lyric for both bands. I love both bands and his singing but the last album did have a lot less cool lyrics.

I don't even need lyrics on a Tool album. Just spend 75 minutes playing instruments, since about 60 of those minutes already are instrumental - and it's awesome.

And, for the record, any artist that writes a song to the Fibonacci sequence has to be considered one of the greatest ever.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I don't even need lyrics on a Tool album. Just spend 75 minutes playing instruments, since about 60 of those minutes already are instrumental - and it's awesome.

And, for the record, any artist that writes a song to the Fibonacci sequence has to be considered one of the greatest ever.
Laterallus the song really is a masterpiece. The chorus is one 7 beat measure, then an 8 beat measure, then a 9 beat measure repeated.

• Agree
Reactions: jdoggivjc

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Laterallus the song really is a masterpiece. The chorus is one 7 beat measure, then an 8 beat measure, then a 9 beat measure repeated.

Lateralus the entire album is a masterpiece (but yeah, I understand what you're saying). Much stronger than 10.000 Days and I liked that album.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Lateralus the entire album is a masterpiece (but yeah, I understand what you're saying). Much stronger than 10.000 Days and I liked that album.
I like it but I feel like that album is washed out in the same color so to speak. There isn't enough diversity in the sounds for me, Undertow falls in that same light for me as well. The drums are amazing however, and the strong pieces to that album are VERY strong. For me 10,000 Day is my favorite and Aenima coming in just barely behind it. I can't turn away from Wings for Marie. So amazing.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I like it but I feel like that album is washed out in the same color so to speak. There isn't enough diversity in the sounds for me, Undertow falls in that same light for me as well. The drums are amazing however, and the strong pieces to that album are VERY strong. For me 10,000 Day is my favorite and Aenima coming in just barely behind it. I can't turn away from Wings for Marie. So amazing.

“Sober” and “Undertow” from the Undertow album is Tool to me. Quiet quiet quiet...EXPLOSION.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Normally I'd agree with what you're saying, but for some reason I like that about Lateralus - 75 minutes of songs that play seamlessly into one another, as if it was one song in itself.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Here's a fun fact that most of you probably didn't know. In the early 90's Tool drummer Danny Carry (sp?) was in the band Green Jelly, and did their famous Cereal Killer Soundtrack. Maynard did the "not by the hair on my chinny chin chin" vocals on The Three Little Pigs.
Danny Carry and Tom Morello went to high school together.

Reactions: demoncore1031

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Green Jello sucks!
Maynard and Poopie, they're both insane!

The singer from Green Jelly has "franchise" band members around the world that he plays with. So if he plays Portland, for example, he has band members in that area that he will have play live shows in that area. So basically the band is the singer and hundreds of fans that get to be actual band members. My son and I are putting together a Green Jelly franchise here in New Mexico.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Tool was good in time and place and I’d be lying if I didn’t couch meld with them on mushrooms.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron