RECRUITING: Caleb Grill commits

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
For the record, the thread should probably change it's title to signed. I was really confused why Pollard and the ISUMBB twitter account were acknowledging a commit.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Does Pollard really think "mature" recruits should call him personally?

I doubt he thinks that they should, but that doesn't mean it isn't a cool thing to do or a sign of maturity when they do that. I've read before that Pollard goes out of his way to meet with recruits on official visits, so it's kind of cool for a recruit to recognize that that isn't a normal thing for an AD to do and then go out of his way to keep the AD in the loop later.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
This is great but I sure we wish we would be going after more Iowa kids.

9f4765a1-0697-4a16-8482-f651e5b07f65-IowaState29.JPG

Patience, grasshopper...

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Really Caleb has anger problems causing him to throw a temper tantrum and destroy his Aunts Car from the inside when he was in the passengers seat going down the interstate? Basketball wasn't the problem for Nic. His head was.
Caleb doesn't have anger issues because he has figured out to just take his anger out on basketball rims all over South Central and Eastern Kansas.

Reactions: GTO

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
So does anyone else see Leech de-committing because of this signing? Something feels very off here.
Yeah something is off, such as you're heavily drinking already or I missed the sarcasm.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Read a great article on the Athletic written by CJ Moore about Grill. He is a coaches son. Really good athlete in multiple sports.
Interesting tidbit as well was that Tech assistant Mark Adams called his HS coach after Grill committed to SDSU and told him they were making a mistake because he said Caleb is much better than that level and said he doesn't have to come to Tech but he should be playing at a higher level. Because of the sports he was in it kept him off Summer shoe circuit teams.
Also compares him to Ron Baker

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Read a great article on the Athletic written by CJ Moore about Grill. He is a coaches son. Really good athlete in multiple sports.
Interesting tidbit as well was that Tech assistant Mark Adams called his HS coach after Grill committed to SDSU and told him they were making a mistake because he said Caleb is much better than that level and said he doesn't have to come to Tech but he should be playing at a higher level. Because of the sports he was in it kept him off Summer shoe circuit teams.
Good athlete in multiple sports that will now be focusing on one. I am excited about this pickup.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Lol. I said nothing but positive things about Grill and said hopefully we can use this momentum and add 1 more key player and that it would be a successful spring. I could say the most positive thing ever and people will still say it’s negative. Once you get a reputation on this board, nothing you ever say will matter. Someone will find a way to make it negative.

Other than THAT Mrs. Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

White guy announcer clichés include...

-- "coach's son"
-- "multi-sport athlete"
-- "under the radar"
-- "off the summer shoe circuit"
-- "scrappy"
-- "gym rat"