Grad Transfer WR La'Michael Pettway Visiting (commits 5/6)

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I’ll be very disappointed if he’s just a Murdock type.

Murdock was a very good third option. 475 yards and 5 TD. I'd be happy if he was able to match that. Chances are he doesn't, but that might depend on their respective QB situations.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Murdock was a very good third option. 475 yards and 5 TD. I'd be happy if he was able to match that. Chances are he doesn't, but that might depend on their respective QB situations.

Looks like that's about what Pettway put up last year.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I’m trying to wrap my mind around the thought that we might actually have an offense this fall that matches our defense. :eek:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I’m trying to wrap my mind around the thought that we might actually have an offense this fall that matches our defense. :eek:

Yeah could be fun.

I didn't even hate the offense last year...it was tricky due to the Oline being bad but generally for most of the season the ball was put in the hands of the best players with a purpose and there were winning results.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
It's not 4%. The rating system is not based on percent. Have you ever seen a recruit rated .1475? No. Not even .5478. So you can't compare ratings and say one is just 4% higher. The overall range is much smaller than from 0 to 1. Hope that helps.
I'm pretty sure I was rated a .1475.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Did not realize how awful Arkansas was last year. It will be interesting to see what he can do with some more offensively capable players around him.

Reactions: Cytown12

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Did not realize how awful Arkansas was last year. It will be interesting to see what he can do with some more offensively capable players around him.

CMC has been after this guy since it was announced he was transferring. There are a lot of guys coming back at the WR position. If he did expect big things for him, he wouldn't have been after him.

Reactions: Cycsk

CyCal

Apr 22, 2014
Because 99% of D1 players are like 0.78 to 0.95. A 0.04 difference for the total team average is a Big difference.

Exactly. To simplify a little we can say that basically all division I players are between .70 and 1.0. So that 0.04 difference suddenly represents 15 percent of the total range, rather than four percent.

• Winner
Reactions: CyCloned

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Great get.

He better be ready to step up and play against better defense week in and week out.

Isn't it more like, he'd better be ready to step up and play with a better offense and a QB that can drop a pass in to him on a dime!

JohnPrineforCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2019
To us fans this is good news. I always wonder what the younger guys at that position think when a grad transfer comes in. I'd think they'd be a little disappointed that they'll be one more guy down on the ladder. But I guess that is Campbell's job to sell it to the guys and get them on board.
I get where you are coming from, but I believe that CMC from day one said he wants to build competition at each position. I am pretty sure these kids know from day one that they will have to work their ass off if they want to see playing time. Always a good thing to get depth and win transfers in the offseason.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron