Equipment sale June 1st

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Get your tents and campers ready

"Fans wishing to shop the equipment sale can start lining up no earlier than 6 a.m."

I think I got in line last time at 4:30 am. Sounds like they want to limit issues there.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
PSA for those who have never attended:

These are a sh1t show

Yep, definitely. I think I stood in line with my stuff for like 3 hours. And that was after waiting in line for several hours before the sale. People go nuts and run in, grab stuff, throw it in trash bags and then sort it on the side. Anything they don't want just ends up on the ground.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Yep, definitely. I think I stood in line with my stuff for like 3 hours. And that was after waiting in line for several hours before the sale. People go nuts and run in, grab stuff, throw it in trash bags and then sort it on the side. Anything they don't want just ends up on the ground.

A better way to do it would be let people into building in like waves of 50 and you have 15 minutes to pick your stuff and get into line for checkout. Once those people are in a separate checkout line and it’s moving along, then you can let the other group in.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
I recall being a couple of hours early in 2016 and having a decent amount of stuff in my arms ready to check out. Got in line (wrapped around the perimeter of the space almost completely) and decided to dump it on the nearest table when we barely moved a couple of feet in 10-15 minutes. Went to Hickory Park for some lunch, then returned to the stadium for the spring game. Several others were strolling to join their families halfway through the spring game because it had taken 2+ hours to get through the checkout line.

Would be worth it if I was able to get my hands on a helmet or FB/BB jersey, but wasn't willing to put up with the line/people for that long for a couple practice jerseys and shorts.

• Winner
Reactions: wxman1

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I've never gone, but been tempted. Sounds like it really isn't worth the beating you take to get out of there. The article I saw said that you can only get one helmet and one jersey, so that might help some.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I have tried to go to a couple in recent years. Either the line was too long to even get in (and I wasn't there early) or I got in and there was literally nothing left but size 17 shoes and some volleyball knee pads. I *did* go the the very first sale they had and was able to snag an ISU baseball jersey right after they shut down the program. I still consider that jersey a prized possession. :)

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I would like to get to one before I go off to college and this year is the last year I have to do it. Does anyone know what they are likely to have? I know the article said jerseys and helmets, so I assume the old football jerseys? Any ideas as to what else there will be?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Join the Cyclone Club if you haven't already. There were two lines last time and the club members got in first.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Join the Cyclone Club if you haven't already. There were two lines last time and the club members got in first.

Oh, now this makes a difference. So, the general public doesn't get to enter at 8am? or do the Cyclone Club members get to enter before 8am?

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
What do these things generally cost? Specifically a helmet and football jersey. I live 2 hours from ames, and am curious if it would be worth the drive.

• Agree
Reactions: CyGuy5

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I'm never going to even consider putting myself through this

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
What do these things generally cost? Specifically a helmet and football jersey. I live 2 hours from ames, and am curious if it would be worth the drive.
You drop $100+ in no time. Things are not cheap. Thinking a practice football jersey was $30

Help Support Us

Become a patron