[OPINION] Favorite Highschool Highlight Tape

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Happy Offseason!

I wanted to ask you guys who love recruiting: Which cyclone has your favorite High School (or JUCO) highlight tape?

My favorite is Mike Warren. When I saw his tape, I was SHOCKED that he was only being recruited by mid-major programs.

My other favorite is Robert Hudson. More pancakes than IHOP.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Happy Offseason!

I wanted to ask you guys who love recruiting: Which cyclone has your favorite High School (or JUCO) highlight tape?

My favorite is Mike Warren. When I saw his tape, I was SHOCKED that he was only being recruited by mid-major programs.

My other favorite is Robert Hudson. More pancakes than IHOP.

TIL Oklahoma is a mid major.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Kind of a weird one that didn't work out, but Justin Webster, a RB commit from 2013.

https://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Webster-22809/high-school-36105/

He just kept running over guys and splitting defensive backs in his highlights. He had some injury problems that kept him out of football during his senior year of high school, so maybe that kept him from ever reaching his previous level.

ghyland7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2012
I know it's not ISU... but Noel Devine's HS highlights before he went to WVU were jaw-dropping... Then he basically did the same stuff at WVU while they had Pat White/Steve Slaton.

Reactions: Javinegli

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Kind of a weird one that didn't work out, but Justin Webster, a RB commit from 2013.

https://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Webster-22809/high-school-36105/

He just kept running over guys and splitting defensive backs in his highlights. He had some injury problems that kept him out of football during his senior year of high school, so maybe that kept him from ever reaching his previous level.

I remember watching this and thinking we just landed our Toby Gerhart. Wow was I wrong.