Wonder if LW gets to play in the G-league "combine?"

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
A

He’s not a PG and never will be. He can stay gone if he expects to run point.

Prohm said after the season that Lindell would be the point guard if he returned. Haliburton would be the point guard if LW left.
Sorry, but CSP's opinion that Lindell can play the point (and will if he would return) and that is the opinion that matters. I'll trust him on PG evaluation.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Prohm said after the season that Lindell would be the point guard if he returned. Haliburton would be the point guard if LW left.
Sorry, but CSP's opinion that Lindell can play the point (and will if he would return) and that is the opinion that matters. I'll trust him on PG evaluation.

I'll let you in on a hint, he's not ISU's #1 fan

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
It's almost like you don't want the team to be good.

Rule 1 - You take the best available players

Quite the opposite. I want the TEAM to be good. Forcing players into positions that don’t suit them just because is a terrible idea that would negatively effect the TEAM.

Play him at his natural position and heck yeah I want him back.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Agree to disagree. LW is an absolute mess as a primary ball handler.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Perhaps a third offseason of this and it will finally be true.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Perhaps a third offseason of this and it will finally be true.

I don't remember Prohm saying this the previous two seasons? I think maybe there was some stuff last offseason of Prohm saying Wigginton would get some more time as a PG but NWB was going to be the main point all along. And the season before, Jackson was going to be the PG until that fell apart.

• Agree
Reactions: WastedTalent

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
Breaking news - players can improve during their college years. Not sure why that's so hard to understand/believe. We'll see what happens. In Lindell's case, if he were to come back, I expect it will be because he's gotten a heavy dose of feedback that he needs to be a PG at his size/at the next level. An offseason to work with our coaches on this, at his level of skill & athleticism, it's very doable that he could be our PG. The issue hasn't been his vision or willingness to share the ball, it's been his handle and carelessness... Yes, that means he'd have to improve. Definitely possible.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I don't remember Prohm saying this the previous two seasons? I think maybe there was some stuff last offseason of Prohm saying Wigginton would get some more time as a PG but NWB was going to be the main point all along. And the season before, Jackson was going to be the PG until that fell apart.
There’s always been the stretching of coach’s speak into LW being the pg. You don’t recall sentiments similar to “LW isn’t coming back to not play pg” last year? Even with Babb being a better pg, there are some that have convinced themselves Prohm actually regrets not playing Wigginton there.

You’d be surprised how many here had Wigginton playing point guard over Jackson. Which at the time seemed valid given Jackson isn’t a pg. From two seasons of watching Wigginton he isn’t yet one either. Perhaps he’ll finally become the pg a minority on CF have been writing into offseason lineup threads, but I’m guessing after a little experimenting Haliburton and Tre Jackson will handle the pg role.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
The NBA has 6’2- 6’3 shooting guards...LW doesn’t have to be turned into a pg to make the league..he needs to improve his ball handling..his decision making..and defense. He’s Uber atheltic which is a positive for him with a great verticals on his jumper another positive. He doesn’t have to play pg to play in the NBA.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The NBA has 6’2- 6’3 shooting guards...LW doesn’t have to be turned into a pg to make the league..he needs to improve his ball handling..his decision making..and defense. He’s Uber atheltic which is a positive for him with a great verticals on his jumper another positive. He doesn’t have to play pg to play in the NBA.

Agreed -- LW has two paths.

PG
3&D 2-3 man

He has just not shown either skill set consistently yet.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
The biggest thing Wiggington needs to work on is defense. He’s already got NBA offensive talent. If he made himself a lockdown defender, there’d be a spot for him. See Patrick Beverly.

Pat Bev is a dog and a defensive menace. It's a rare trait that you either have or you don't. (guys like Draymond and Marcus Smart) He's had it since his junior high days in Chicago. Lindell will never be of that mold.

• Agree
Reactions: isuno1fan

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron