What is your Pet Peeve

JMA1125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2014
I’m on the road A LOT and I see stupid **** constantly. I’ve called in 3 people within the last year for flying by me the wrong way on the diagonal. A number of years ago I was first on the scene for a head on collision where a couple people died from the same thing. I’ve called in a couple obvious drunk drivers within the same time frame. I’ve somehow managed to avoid a lot of stupid people with the amount of miles I drive.
Is it something about the diagonal? My friend was going north on the diagonal about six months ago around 2:00am. She crested a hill and there was a car coming at her in her lane. Thankfully she was able to serve out of the way in time or she would have been killed.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Also, People who don't turn right on red. Why. Just go. It's clear.

1. People behind me wanting me to turn right-on-red into traffic buzzing by at 60 mph when my view to the left is completely blocked by the giant SUV in the left lane. Doesn't stop the stupid ******** behind me from honking their horn and making angry faces. I don't flip them off anymore, too many angry ******** carry guns these days.

2. People turning right-on-red right in front of me as I am driving though with the green light. They act like the turn on red is akin to a merge and I'll brake and just let them turn in front of me.

Last edited:
Reactions: khardbored

fatkid1974

Apr 3, 2010
van down by the river
The word 'whatnot'. It's the word of the idiot. Usually thrown into conversation when the other person's mouth gets ahead of their brain. They can't think of anything else to say so a 'and whatnot' is usually what follows.

Reactions: cyclones500

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Is it something about the diagonal? My friend was going north on the diagonal about six months ago around 2:00am. She crested a hill and there was a car coming at her in her lane. Thankfully she was able to serve out of the way in time or she would have been killed.

Yes. It’s people coming off of 30 thinking they’re turning on a two lane. All of my incidents have been within a few miles of that intersection.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
One of my all-time biggest pet peeves is the failure to use a turn signal. That said, in today's tech-crazy world, I absolutely go bonkers when I notice people texting & driving. I have avoided FOUR accidents during the past year (two drivers who pulled out in front of me, one who ran a stop sign and another who swerved into my lane) and all of them had one thing in common: they were looking at / texting on their cell phones. I'm a naturally forgiving individual, but if a family member or myself were in an accident caused by some a$$hole who was texting/looking on their cellphone, I would probably pursue the harshest penalty against the culprit.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
One of my all-time biggest pet peeves is the failure to use a turn signal. That said, in today's tech-crazy world, I absolutely go bonkers when I notice people texting & driving. I have avoided FOUR accidents during the past year (two drivers who pulled out in front of me, one who ran a stop sign and another who swerved into my lane) and all of them had one thing in common: they were looking at / texting on their cell phones. I'm a naturally forgiving individual, but if a family member or myself were in an accident caused by some a$$hole who was texting/looking on their cellphone, I would probably pursue the harshest penalty against the culprit.

It's only a matter of time before somebody I know dies from this. Just watch drivers go by when at a stoplight. It's insane.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
Pokémon Go players in Walker Johnson Park in Urbandale. They must have added a spot there because there are always fat nerds with their heads buried in their phones wandering aimlessly in the middle of the bike path. I want to ram into them so bad on my bike.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
1. People behind me wanting me to turn right-on-red into traffic buzzing by at 60 mph when my view to the left is completely blocked by the giant SUV in the left lane. Doesn't stop the stupid ******** behind me from honking their horn and making angry faces. I don't flip them off anymore, too many angry ******** carry guns these days.

2. People turning right-on-red right in front of me as I am driving though with the green light. They act like the turn on red is akin to a merge and I'll brake and just let them turn in front of me.

You probably don’t know how to merge on the on ramp in your mini van either

cyTOPEia

Nov 25, 2016
Decorah
People who post on sports message boards who act like they have insider information but are obviously full of it.

(My cats never unroll the toilet paper but kitten does occasionally take bites out of the toilet paper roll. It’s weird)

Reactions: cyclones500

Help Support Us

Become a patron