****Official Class of 2019 Recruiting Thread****

Clones1992

Mar 7, 2019
Good info

Haha like I said a few pages back, nobody had to believe me but it was the truth.

The RJ Hampton stuff yesterday makes things interesting from Tech's perspective though, because he's not announcing until July. Do they go all out on Hampton and risk losing Gilder? Or do they take Gilder now and not really have the room for Hampton?

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Haha like I said a few pages back, nobody had to believe me but it was the truth.

The RJ Hampton stuff yesterday makes things interesting from Tech's perspective though, because he's not announcing until July. Do they go all out on Hampton and risk losing Gilder? Or do they take Gilder now and not really have the room for Hampton?

I don't think Tech would turn down Gilder if he wanted to commit.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

"not really have the room". like the way you worded that. If your AD allows it, I suppose you make room.

Why would a recruit wait until July? Anyone know? Guessing coaches don't worry about filling a #13 on the roster that bad anyways so they have one open these days.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

Couldn’t they make room?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Tech would take RJ and Gilder in my opinion. There is always a way to push someone aside. The loser would be frenchy. His minutes would go down really bad. The one thing that would make me worried as a Tech recruit is them always recruiting over me if this were to happen.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Tech would take RJ and Gilder in my opinion. There is always a way to push someone aside. The loser would be frenchy. His minutes would go down really bad. The one thing that would make me worried as a Tech recruit is them always recruiting over me if this were to happen.
If youre not trying to recruit over a kid, you're not trying. Simple as that. No kid should ever be comfortable because that will kill competition.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
If youre not trying to recruit over a kid, you're not trying. Simple as that. No kid should ever be comfortable because that will kill competition.

I think you miss understood what I meant. I think you should obviously recruit over kids. However, not one that has not enrolled yet. I mean you just pitched this whole thing to him about starting as a freshman and all of that, then he commits and you immediately go get a better player. That is all I am saying.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I think you miss understood what I meant. I think you should obviously recruit over kids. However, not one that has not enrolled yet. I mean you just pitched this whole thing to him about starting as a freshman and all of that, then he commits and you immediately go get a better player. That is all I am saying.
If you can upgrade you upgrade and you tell the kids that when they visit. Sure I feel bad, but college athletics is a business and kids should understand that.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

6-2 165 lb combo guard

4 star top 40 Hs kid

I’d imagine he’ll have a list of suitors but a lot of places are filling up.

Would love to see ISU get involved.

https://247sports.com/Player/Boogie-Ellis-46047755/

I'd say this will be Cronin's first tell to see if he can fend off Gonzaga, Oregon and Washington in his own back yard. That's what's expected at UCLA.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I'd be surprised if Memphis wasn't a major player for him. Don't think there is a connection with him and UCLA or Cronin

I read the same articles you do. Tell me what changed at Duke that caused him to leave? What's different at Memphis that would cause him to commit?

Kid is from San Diego, Cronin to UCLA is the obvious change in his climate.

I'm not an insider by any means, but I've scratched out a pretty good living reading people and situations.

Just because you did or didn't read it on 24/7 doesn't make it true. Those experts changed their crystal balls more than their underwear.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I read the same articles you do. Tell me what changed at Duke that caused him to leave? What's different at Memphis that would cause him to commit?

Kid is from San Diego, Cronin to UCLA is the obvious change in his climate.

I'm not an insider by any means, but I've scratched out a pretty good living reading people and situations.

Just because you did or didn't read it on 24/7 doesn't make it true. Those experts changed their crystal balls more than their underwear.
I know that he liked Penny and Penny/Memphis have been in late on a lot of the people they have targeted. Hence why I said I’d be surprised if they weren’t a major player now that he has de-commited.

And I was also only stating that there was no connection to UCLA with him (no offer) and didn’t see anywhere Mick Cronin had offered him previously. That is the only point I was making.

Never said he wouldn’t or couldn’t go to UCLA.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I know that he liked Penny and Penny/Memphis have been in late on a lot of the people they have targeted. Hence why I said I’d be surprised if they weren’t a major player now that he has de-commited.

And I was also only stating that there was no connection to UCLA with him (no offer) and didn’t see anywhere Mick Cronin had offered him previously. That is the only point I was making.

Never said he wouldn’t or couldn’t go to UCLA.

My point is Penny lost out to the Dukies before. Nothing at Duke has changed, so I'm guessing there's something new that's more appealing to a SoCal kid now then when he committed to Duke. I doubt that something will come from a school he previously chose Duke over.