Barry

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Super-glued to the steering wheel while a possessed child takes a bite out of your face.

It gets said a lot but I didn't see something like that coming.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Wow, what an episode of TV last night from this show. You should be watching if you aren't already.
I couldn't bring myself to watch it as I was so wired from GoT. Can't wait to watch it tonight.

Not sure I said this last week, but the scene with NoHo Hank, his new assassin, and Barry on the roof may have been the funniest TV scene I've watched in years. So goddamn good
giphy.gif

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Didn't get to watch the new ep until last night. Definitely one of the best of the series even though I missed some of the regular cast. But as a standalone that just focuses on Barry and Fuches it was amazing.

This show continues to be one of the best things on TV right now.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I couldn't bring myself to watch it as I was so wired from GoT. Can't wait to watch it tonight.

Not sure I said this last week, but the scene with NoHo Hank, his new assassin, and Barry on the roof may have been the funniest TV scene I've watched in years. So goddamn good
giphy.gif

That was really funny. I heard an interview with the guy who plays Hank the other day and he said that originally Hank was supposed to die in the pilot episode. I'm glad they changed it up to keep him around. Perfectly bizarre.

Henry Winkler's been really good, too. That scene with him and Barry last week was fantastic; the really deep talk about being flawed and redemption, all followed up by Gene explaining that he bills separately for private lessons. Love how this show constantly swerves from comedy to drama and back and makes it look easy.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Haven’t started season 2 yet, but season 1 was fantastic. Can’t wait to dive back in.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
That was really funny. I heard an interview with the guy who plays Hank the other day and he said that originally Hank was supposed to die in the pilot episode. I'm glad they changed it up to keep him around. Perfectly bizarre.

Henry Winkler's been really good, too. That scene with him and Barry last week was fantastic; the really deep talk about being flawed and redemption, all followed up by Gene explaining that he bills separately for private lessons. Love how this show constantly swerves from comedy to drama and back and makes it look easy.
Agreed, that is my favorite part about the show imo. I constantly find myself saying (to myself) that this is, in the end, a comedy. So many times the seriousness of Barry's past or current situation and the way Bill Hader plays him, I feel like something deeply twisted is about to happen. Then guys like NoHo come in or they make a funny spin on a situation that snaps you back into the comedy realm. A very lazy comparison to this for me would be Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, MO. Both that movie and this show have had the ability to make me be sitting up on the edge of my seat in suspense to making me laugh in the same scene, and it not feeling forced or out of place at all. This show grows on me every episode, and I've been high on it since the beginning. Also love that they have the ability to do an episode like this past weeks', completely change the production and film style, hell even the aspect of that family being essentially mini-terminators/unkillable Tae Kwon Do machines was great haha.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Sunday's episode was pure genius...

Stephen Root is an American treasure. His body language when the little girl climbed the tree and jumped on the roof only to perch right there and just glare at him like a gargoyle was so subtly good. You can see Fuches go from surprised to confused to stunned to absolutely defeated in the span of about ten seconds.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Stopped watching after last season but channeled flipped into this episode. Was about to flip out when he asked who all of these trophies belong to. Was pretty entertaining after that especially the little spider monkey girl. Pretty sure she was jacked on Mountain Dew.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
For a second I thought that was Jeffrey Dean Morgan and I about crapped my pants. The last ten minutes had me crying tears. Too funny.

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Solid wrap-up to season 2 last night. There's some really excellent supporting cast work being done on this show - Anthony Carrigan (Hank), Stephen Root, and Henry Winkler are all outstanding.

Reactions: isutrevman

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I watched some of "Barry" for the first time last night. Intrigued.

Rest of my fam has been full-time followers of "Thrones," so after the finale, I let it run in the background, then starting paying some attention.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Solid wrap-up to season 2 last night. There's some really excellent supporting cast work being done on this show - Anthony Carrigan (Hank), Stephen Root, and Henry Winkler are all outstanding.

Hank is awesome. Next season needs more mob scenes and fewer girlfriend drama scenes.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Watched the first two episodes of Season 4 last night. Underwhelmed for Barry standards. Hope it picks up.

JCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 9, 2009
Watched the first two episodes of Season 4 last night. Underwhelmed for Barry standards. Hope it picks up.
I enjoyed them but it definitely has a different feel than it did early in it's run

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I enjoyed them but it definitely has a different feel than it did early in it's run
Yea, I always found this to be such a funny show and there were very few laughs in these episodes. Hopefully a slow burn.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron