***Official Montgomery and Butler NFL Thread***

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
If I need someone to pick the best team for me, I'll take the person getting paid to do that very thing. Not the middle aged, now overweight, former middle school backup fullback with Dorito crumbs on his shirt posting on CF.

Hey, leave me out of it!

• Funny
Reactions: Doc and cyclone101

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
And with that round 3 Is over. Does we really have this bad of relationships with NFL? This has got to hurt recruiting
Take my bet you giant
cat-3547403__340.jpg

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Good to know but I think there is a lot of wisdom in crows. I would tend to think that a combined fan base would pick better than the people getting paid to do the job. Sometimes that fear of screwing up/losing that job causes the person to make bad decisions.
I'll fully acknowledge that your last sentence is accurate. I'm in the middle of reading Moneyball and that very thing is talked about in the book. But this "Pff. WELL. tHE nfL dOEsN't kNow hoW to evALuAtE tALenT!" beacuse they didn't pick our guy? Just stop, it makes our fanbase look like a bunch of dumbasses.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Sometimes, we as Iowa State fans take this crap, way to personal. Look at the big picture, ISU is not a known football school for producing NFL talent. It sucks, but that is where we are. So someone like Butler does not get that extra little pat on the back, and slides in the draft.

I hate it, but Iowa does get that pat, they have earned it over time. We will get there, we just need to have faith in Campbell and trust the system. It can and will change.

Go Cyclones.
It has more to do with Butler having drop and separation issues. It was possible a team would reach on him, but 4th isn’t unjustified.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Good to know but I think there is a lot of wisdom in crows. I would tend to think that a combined fan base would pick better than the people getting paid to do the job. Sometimes that fear of screwing up/losing that job causes the person to make bad decisions.
Lol... no. We collectively are probably the worst evaluators of Butlers talent. CF is the last place you would go to get an unbiased opinion of him. And really that's the way it should be. He's our guy and we got his back.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I still think Hakeem was the best wide receiver in this years draft. And he thinks so too.

Hope the Packers land him next round

Agree, but sent both of our 4th rounders to Seattle. Doubt he last till 150.

Thinking
Burr-Kirven LB @ 150
Snell or Anderson RB @ 185
Ledbetter DE @ 194
Minshew @ 226 (allows cutting Kizer)

Really need an ILB and another RB so it could be tough to trade up.

I can't believe Gardner-Johnson is still on the board,

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Butler will go fast tomorrow. He’s a unique WR, and it’s clear from the guys drafted that he didn’t fit what they were looking for. Just needs to hit a good fit now.

I think Montgomery hit the jackpot, he’ll have a great shot at playing time.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Nobody sh*ts on their own players like us ISU fans. If you guys don't think other receivers have their fare share of dropped passes, I don't know what to tell you.

Do you have other thoughts on why he didn't get drafted yet?

I think his inconsistencies were noted throughout this process by the evaluators.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
All the WR's in this draft class had issues, some major issues like Metcalf. However, what hurting Hakeem is that he's over 6'5" tall. NFL doesn't go after tall WR's at the moment. The 49ners drafted 6'5" Hurd out of Baylor, but Hurd is garbage and the 49ners are drafting horribly.

Wasn't Hurd a guy Baylor was lining up all over including RB?

Pretty sure versatility is a plus when tryng for the NFL.

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing