RECRUITING: Wheeler impressed by Iowa State visit, eyes May 6 decision

Goofyguy1

Feb 18, 2017
That is from Sahvir. I haven't talked to his dad. His voice really lit up when I asked him about Prohm. Could tell they've really created a good bond already.
Thanks for clarifying. The article was not clear on who made the quote and it suggested the Dad might have.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Someone tell him "We" have a coach that has never been fired. Georgia has one that just got fired for not getting the job done at one of the top basketball schools in the country.

This was exactly what went through my head when I read that article.

I get it he says "we" a lot, but he also said he could make it easy for Hali and Nixon for them to do well too. Could be reading between the lines, but at least we won't have to wait forever for a decision. Still have the other 2 freshman as options as well as the grad transfers. 1 of each would be nice.

Jul 17, 2017
Ankeny, IA
If you listen to a recent Crean interview about his 4 incoming recruits, every other word he says is "we". That would be easy for Sahvir to realize "we" is the word to use around Georgia basketball.

• Optimistic
Reactions: aauummm

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Do basketball players consider the weather? Being from Houston, picking between Ames and Athens is a big difference.
Outside of basketball season the weather in Ames is pretty nice. You usually have nice fall weather until November and once March hits it starts getting better all the time. During basketball season they don't have time to enjoy or worry about the weather as they are practicing and playing all the time. Although going to classes during the winter at ISU can be brutal at times.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
But we don’t know exactly how the conversations go. Maybe they talk about both at same time and Alex puts the quotes where they seem to fit. Maybe when the kid was talking about Iowa state he remembered something about Georgia.

Did he bring up ISU on the Georgia interviews?

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
A talented true point guard would be a huge get for us right now. Haliburton could fill the role but he is versatile enough to play at the 2/3 as needed also.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I don't really have anything against Crean, I just love this picture
tom-crean-screencap.0.jpeg