NFL: ***Official Offseason Thread***

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
If edge rusher was the only hole in the Chiefs D, I might be more on board, but they have a lot of spots to fill. Keeping Ford and adding a first round player seems to be worth more than Clark + nothing, imho.
They've been trying to address their defense a lot the last two years. They're at least trying. I would be upset if they just kept the status quo and ran it back with the same crappy defense. They've made positive moves.

Mathieu was needed. Breeland has low cost deal. Keith Reaser has an even lower cost deal and he was easily the best DB in the AAF so take that for what it's worth. Ogbah in and Murray out trade was a positive. Clark is an upgrade on the Edge vs what they had two days ago. Alex Okafor was a solid signing.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Good news for Hill and the Chiefs? A league source is saying that the Chiefs had no knowledge of the press conference until it was announced. Not sure if that's good or bad for them.
Rumor is he broke his kid's arm. Probably can't be good news.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Rumor is he broke his kid's arm. Probably can't be good news.

I had missed this little bit of news, but I guess last week the son was removed from custody of Hill and the boy's mother. That's probably not a good sign.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Huh. So maybe he'll still face discipline from the league. Guys have been suspended before despite never having been arrested or charged with anything.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Huh. So maybe he'll still face discipline from the league. Guys have been suspended before despite never having been arrested or charged with anything.
Looks like if the league is going to do something they're going to do it without any offical knowledge of the situation.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Looks like if the league is going to do something they're going to do it without any offical knowledge of the situation.

Considering his history with domestic violence (I won't get into it, but it's not great), I'll be surprised if he isn't facing some sort of suspension. But we'll see.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Hill and the mother of the child must have refused to cooperate. Hill wouldn't want to incriminate himself and she has a pretty obvious financial incentive to keep Hill out of prison and on the football field. This sucks for the kid. He shouldn't have to grow up in that sort of ****** environment. Next time it could be way worse than a broken arm.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Hill and the mother of the child must have refused to cooperate. Hill wouldn't want to incriminate himself and she has a pretty obvious financial incentive to keep Hill out of prison and on the football field. This sucks for the kid. He shouldn't have to grow up in that sort of ****** environment. Next time it could be way worse than a broken arm.
Yep this unfortunately probably spot on. I wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs pull what the Saints/Patriots did to Brandin Cooks with Tyreek. Trade him to someone else who is willing to pay him.

Chiefs have super high paid Safety and Edge end. And next will have highest paid QB. Have to find savings somewhere and Tyreek could/should return some good assets if he can keep his hands to himself.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yep this unfortunately probably spot on. I wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs pull what the Saints/Patriots did to Brandin Cooks with Tyreek. Trade him to someone else who is willing to pay him.

Chiefs have super high paid Safety and Edge end. And next will have highest paid QB. Have to find savings somewhere and Tyreek could/should return some good assets if he can keep his hands to himself.

It's just a really unfortunate thing and it's not hard to connect the dots as to what probably happened. If he's already committed some act of domestic violence twice, chances are pretty good it'll happen again. And it might not just be a broken arm next time around. I get why the DA came off as more than a little frustrated. He sounded very much like he knew Hill did it but he just didn't have the evidence to prove it.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I'd guess the NFL can't do much if he's not charged, what a joke. At best, he's covering up how his son's arm was broke, talk about a p.o.s.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'd guess the NFL can't do much if he's not charged, what a joke. At best, he's covering up how his son's arm was broke, talk about a p.o.s.
I don't know about that. Big Ben? Zeke? They can definitely still punish without a charge.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

They can still discipline him via their own independent investigation. It happens more often than you might think. Zeke Elliott was never charged with or arrested for anything and he got six games.

Reactions: heitclone

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I don't know about that. Big Ben? Zeke? They can definitely still punish without a charge.

And they should in this case. If Hill had no history of domestic violence it might be different, but he came into the league as a convicted offender.
I understand that we can't possibly know the whole story, but who's kidding who? Where there's smoke there's probably fire. If the league even suspects that Hill or the child's mother are lying once they investigate they should suspend him for multiple games at least.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron