Coach Messingham Sighting

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Today, I saw Coach Mess at the High School where I work. He was decked out in KSU gear & was talking to our head FB coach. My guess is that our coach's son (a Sophomore) is on their radar. We also have a Sophomore TE who is a very good 5-sport athlete that they may be checking out. This kid's sister is an incredible athlete as well (was a D-1 Nat'l Frosh of the Week in basketball - Columbia University). Not sure if either of these kids are on CMC's radar. Both are very good students and have good frames (6'3 / 6'4).

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Today, I saw Coach Mess at the High School where I work. He was decked out in KSU gear & was talking to our head FB coach. My guess is that our coach's son (a Sophomore) is on their radar. We also have a Sophomore TE who is a very good 5-sport athlete that they may be checking out. This kid's sister is an incredible athlete as well (was a D-1 Nat'l Frosh of the Week in basketball - Columbia University). Not sure if either of these kids are on CMC's radar. Both are very good students and have good frames (6'3 / 6'4).

scratch that. Was thinking of our offensive coordinator now

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

If Mess wants them I don't want them. He's a buffoon.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I didn't know he was at K-State either. Sounds like it'll be 2 in a row for the good guys :cool:

its funny, but the North Dakota State fans really came to like Messingham. Some even bragged about how they couldn't predict his plays (in a good way)! Hard to believe.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
Look forward to watching his interviews after a bad offensive performance when he publicly threatens to bench their starting quarterback and discusses how the offense can be fixed by watching more SportsCenter.

• Funny
Reactions: Acylum and aauummm

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Look forward to watching his interviews after a bad offensive performance when he publicly threatens to bench their starting quarterback and discusses how the offense can be fixed by watching more SportsCenter.

Or having Jeff Woody take a fake step to the side in the end zone before moving forward to get the ball. Ah, right.

Spoiler: He was tackled in the end zone for a safety, but it was Messingham's fault because who would call a play that didn't have Woody going downhill from the end zone!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Dear Courtney,
Good Luck.

XOXO,
CyclONE Nation

5c2574a4e241d.image.jpg

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Mess is a really good coach that got neutered by a head coach that had to have too much control to stay out of his way. His offenses everywhere else he's been have been pretty good.
I think this is the case. We know there were problems between Rhoads and Mangino. May have been more of a Rhoads problem than anything else.

• Winner
Reactions: skibumspe

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

Yeah, that pretty well cemented it for me on Mess. He was basically saying if we just had an all pro RB, and better line his play calls would work a lot better. In the end, I guess that is true, but you have to deal with what you have.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I think this is the case. We know there were problems between Rhoads and Mangino. May have been more of a Rhoads problem than anything else.

I have zero inside info, so I think it’s public knowledge at this point that Rhoads didnt give the coordinators much freedom. But does Mess get full credit for walking into a great situation at NDSU? Because, other than those 2 years, his OC resume is as rough as his press conferences.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Mess is a really good coach that got neutered by a head coach that had to have too much control to stay out of his way. His offenses everywhere else he's been have been pretty good.

Neutered yes, but also given the OC reins before he was ready.

• Agree
Reactions: Cypwr