INSIDER: Grad transfers & a coaching nugget

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Prohm also sound this fan base on Nick Babb having NBA potential. What he says is ****.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Cyclonepride

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Prohm also sold this fan base on Nick Babb having NBA potential. What he says is ****.

Great comment bud. There was potential there, problem if you couldn't remember is Nick's health. He has a knee issue and was playing in pain all the time. Fact that he put up the stats he did and played that many minutes was more than we could ask for him.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
FWIW I was listening to a podcast with Sam Vaccine who does the NBA Draft coverage for the Athletic and during a discussion about THT and T-Hal he mentioned the overall talent of ISU's roster including saying both Shayok and NWB should at least get training camp invites.

NWB has prototype size and is solid enough as a back up combo guard to help a team if he gets and takes advantage of a chance. It would take the Nader/Burton/Chris Babb type long G-road route to get there but I could see him getting there. I am confident he'll get a summer league invite and we'll see from there.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Prohm also sold this fan base on Nick Babb having NBA potential. What he says is ****.
He was invited to the Portmouth Invitational and played well there. I'm guessing that the NBA scouts have at least some input as to who they want to see. He played well. Doesn't mean he is a future NBA player but it certainly puts him in the NBA potential category.

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/sport...cle_f62ab0be-652e-11e9-8f30-0f6daf7a61a5.html

Weiler-Babb
Nick Weiler-Babb wasn't named to the All-Tournament Team like Shayok, but his team ended up with the championship.

With a loaded roster that included tournament MVP Chris Clemons, Weiler-Babb took a secondary scoring role. He chose to facilitate and rebound instead, leading his team in assists all three games.

He started the tournament with a balanced game, going for eight points, six rebounds and six assists in his team's tournament opener.

Facing his former teammate in game two, Weiler-Babb was held to two points. His five assists were the most on his team and ranked second in the game behind only Shayok.

Weiler-Babb saved his best for last. In the championship, the 6-foot-5 guard was on triple-double watch as he ended with seven points, 10 rebounds and eight assists in 29 minutes. He drilled two 3-pointers in the first five minutes of the game, the latter of which sparked a 20-9 run.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron