INSIDER: Grad transfers & a coaching nugget

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Not to get anyone’s hopes up but Lindell is at school today. I know if I knew I wasn’t coming back for sure I probably wouldn’t go to class lol. Leaving the door open for a return if he has to? Probably like a 1% chance but hey, you never know. Haha
If Lindell comes back I hope he still buys into the 6th Man role. He probably doesn’t start over Haliburton or Nixon and he isn’t a 3. Anyone agree?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
If Lindell comes back I hope he still buys into the 6th Man role. He probably doesn’t start over Haliburton or Nixon and he isn’t a 3. Anyone agree?
Wigginton can definitely be a 3 in college. It doesn’t matter on offense, and it’s probably better for our defense if he’s defending off-guards and wings anyways. Actually, it’s also better for our offense given his best attribute is spot-up 3P shooting and secondary drives.

• Winner
Reactions: Stereotype

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Nope. Look at the all the volume scorers we are going after, you think if we got Tucker or Gilder we wouldn't start one of them because they aren't a 3?

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Wigginton would start if he came back

He would start because he has 6 months to work on his biggest flaw, which is driving blindly into a crowd in the lane and losing the ball. His 15-footer is so reliable, I would rather see him rise up and hit that instead of going in against guys that are 6'8' or taller and end up getting the ball knocked loose. I am thinking he will work on his ball handling and his 10 to 15 feet range.

Reactions: cyence and aauummm

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Jeeeez

THESE GUYS SHOULD BE SIGNED BY NOW! WTH!

16240.jpg
16240.jpg

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011

Wigg would be point guard. 100%, I think Prohm even said that before he declared.
Prohm even said he felt bad for not starting him this year.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I wouldn't count us out of the NCAA's even if we don't get these guys. Young and Nixon should be available and Conditt should be ready to play a bigger role and Griffin to get in the mix.

I hope you are right. I don't see it though. I see a lot of growing pains next season with our current lineup. At this point with the kids that left. It's understandable. We wanted top notch recruits, Prohm got them, the problem is when you get top notch kids everyone tells them to go pro and you are left with what we have. I like our players, don't get me wrong. Just don't think they are ready for the next level and don't think we make the tourney.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
There is no difference between 2/3 in Prohm's offense. You can argue LW played the 3 last season when on the floor with NWB and Tyrese.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Not to get anyone’s hopes up but Lindell is at school today. I know if I knew I wasn’t coming back for sure I probably wouldn’t go to class lol. Leaving the door open for a return if he has to? Probably like a 1% chance but hey, you never know. Haha

Since he's by no means a sure thing in the NBA, he'd be wise to get the credits toward future graduation. You can make a nice living in Europe but I'd say most aren't set for life and will have to do something else when they're done.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron