Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I have a great first date last Friday, but she ghosted me. Now she texted and said she caught pneumonia and that is why she didn’t interact.

I only date the weird ones.

Is pneumonia even a thing in April?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I have a great first date last Friday, but she ghosted me. Now she texted and said she caught pneumonia and that is why she didn’t interact.

Actually yeah it can pretty much happen at anytime. If you actually liked her I would try again especially since she contacted you back.

Reactions: Doc

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I didn't realize how bad little boys aim is until I was cleaning the guest bath after niece and the little boy grand-ruffians were here.

Husband's aunt has five grandsons, ranging from 6-12 yo. I was at her house in the full guest bathroom recently, and there are two large containers of Clorox wipes on the tank of the toilet. :p She's prepared, or makes sure the boys clean up their own messes.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Husband's aunt has five grandsons, ranging from 6-12 yo. I was at her house in the full guest bathroom recently, and there are two large containers of Clorox wipes on the tank of the toilet. :p She's prepared, or makes sure the boys clean up their own messes.

Note to self, buy Clorox wipes.

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: oldman and SaraV

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

You have done the right thing in coming to CF but it might need it's own thread. :rolleyes:

getting+ghosted

BTW, I cannot help. I am at an age where I have become physically invisible to women. :oops:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Forecast was for mid-70's and wind at 10 mph this afternoon so planned out a post-yard work bike ride. Now I see my wind curse is still in effect for 2019. Wind is gusting to 25 mph. **** this windy ass state.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Beautiful day to be stuck inside. It's ok, we had our successful day! I went out during rounds to advocate for bringing down o2 so he could eat while dh tries to get a very cranky baby to nap. He'd been happy earlier but they gave him Tylenol in the wrong end and he was pissed. Me too, tbh, he'd been taking it fine orally. Anyway, when catching up the new Drs it was not fun to hear them say he'd apparently been in respiratory failure requiring the icu rapid response team. They definitely didn't use some of those terms Friday morning during the kerfuffle. Anyway, she keeps talking and little man is just screaming in the background. Head Dr cuts her off "I'm sorry, but that kid is moving a LOT of air for someone whose supposed tobstill need o2.To sum up, I didn't need to advocate, kid did it for himself :D they took him off cpap straight to on his own, he got to eat and then took a 3 hour nap! After he woke, they stopped the iv and we moved back upstairs to general peds. Nobmonitors all afternoon so we got to crawl and play in the room, was glorious! Trying to keep him content in the crib when he wante s to stand and crawl with those tubes was a mess. Goal is to minitor his o2 overnight and then kick us out in the morning!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wow, pretty quiet here today although we have a good Little Man update so that cools as all heck. :)

Biked 20 miles today in my 2019 inaugural ride. Did not die although I am 100% certain that the forecast calls for pain. Moar ibuprofen! :oops:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
To the CG family glad things are going the right way for all.

Impressive 1st ride of the yr by Boxster!

Nice weather today busy day outdoors for me all work related. Hopefully I can do a little work tomorrow and do enough Easter stuff to not get in trouble with the relatives.

Reactions: cowgirl836

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Beautiful day to be stuck inside. It's ok, we had our successful day! I went out during rounds to advocate for bringing down o2 so he could eat while dh tries to get a very cranky baby to nap. He'd been happy earlier but they gave him Tylenol in the wrong end and he was pissed. Me too, tbh, he'd been taking it fine orally. Anyway, when catching up the new Drs it was not fun to hear them say he'd apparently been in respiratory failure requiring the icu rapid response team. They definitely didn't use some of those terms Friday morning during the kerfuffle. Anyway, she keeps talking and little man is just screaming in the background. Head Dr cuts her off "I'm sorry, but that kid is moving a LOT of air for someone whose supposed tobstill need o2.To sum up, I didn't need to advocate, kid did it for himself :D they took him off cpap straight to on his own, he got to eat and then took a 3 hour nap! After he woke, they stopped the iv and we moved back upstairs to general peds. Nobmonitors all afternoon so we got to crawl and play in the room, was glorious! Trying to keep him content in the crib when he wante s to stand and crawl with those tubes was a mess. Goal is to minitor his o2 overnight and then kick us out in the morning!

Im guessing/hoping they has a good reason for that. Probably trying to keep you 2 as "calm" as possible. Glad to hear he is doing better.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneLawman

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Did fantastic overnight and we got to come home this morning! Not quite the weekend we had planned but grateful to be home with a healthy and sassy little boy today. We'll get a nice family walk in after a nap . Definitely a memorable first Easter!

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Im guessing/hoping they has a good reason for that. Probably trying to keep you 2 as "calm" as possible. Glad to hear he is doing better.

Totally. And I could tell they were downplaying it that night but they all seemed calm and he seemed ok, though not great. Like, fighting the iv and nose suction, eyes open, crying, so not anywhere near unresponsive or turning blue anything like that. I saw his pulsox get to the low 80s as they were switching over ...idk, respiratory distress, sure. Failure seems extreme and the dr who said it wasn't there. I suppose if they hadnt done anything then yes ,hed have been in trouble.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron