Stadium renovations

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Does anyone know when they are breaking ground on the stadium renovations this spring? It's got to be getting close and I was wondering if they will have the live feed camera like they've done in the past. It's nice for those out of state. Anyone know?

Reactions: harimad

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Does anyone know when they are breaking ground on the stadium renovations this spring? It's got to be getting close and I was wondering if they will have the live feed camera like they've done in the past. It's nice for those out of state. Anyone know?

This week, then closed and fenced off Lot 85W near the Bergstrom Practice Facility. And took out evergreens around the Jack Trice statue (not sure why).

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
How about new FieldTurf ? The grass looks amazing in September, yet declines in October and looks horrendous in November---and the playing conditions are awful.

Iowa can drop $500K replacing their 2-yr old stuff- at the drop of a hat.

We're afraid to offend our agronomy/turf management folks. Good lord. We almost lost to Drake because of our crappy field ion Dec 1 2018.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
How about new FieldTurf ? The grass looks amazing in September, yet declines in October and looks horrendous in November---and the playing conditions are awful.

We're afraid to offend our agronomy/turf management folks. Good lord. We almost lost to Drake because of our crappy field ion Dec 1 2018.

I don't recall it getting bad in years past like it did this last season.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Somebody needs to post weekly picture updates if they aren’t streaming a webcam. Don’t care if its just a pile of dirt, I just like seeing progress. I wasted hours watching the SEZ webcams, I would love to waste more time watching this building take shape.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ

How’s that’s horse? Good and dead?

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007

Pretty sure that the field was the same for both teams. One team played much harder than the other.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

mostlydead2.png

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com

Hardly a 'dead horse' issue.

Bringing back 'baseball', is a 'dead horse' issue, when it's financially unwise and would require a $20 million investment in a new stadium, scholarships, and roster to compete w/ Texas/OU etc.

A sh#tty playing surface for 1/2 the FB season in a Power 5 D1 football conference is not a 'dead horse' issue, when it's an ongoing, relevant problem every season

Most D3 schools have Field turf (Coe; Cornell, et al). Many high schools have Field turf.

RB Kene, for example, had at least 2 potential runbacks/returns for TD's nullified because he slipped on that crappy field. Watch the tape

Last time I checked, Drake didn't have a "Kene" on their roster

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
This week, then closed and fenced off Lot 85W near the Bergstrom Practice Facility. And took out evergreens around the Jack Trice statue (not sure why).
Aren't they moving the Jack Trice Statue to the middle of this plaza? I thought I saw it in the renderings or else I dreamt it being a good idea.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Bringing back 'baseball', is a 'dead horse' issue, when it's financially unwise and would require a $20 million investment in a new stadium, scholarships, and roster to compete w/ Texas/OU etc.

A sh#tty playing surface for 1/2 the FB season in a Power 5 D1 football conference is not a 'dead horse' issue, when it's an ongoing, relevant problem every season

Most D3 schools have Field turf (Coe; Cornell, et al). Many high schools have Field turf.

RB Kene, for example, had at least 2 potential runbacks/returns for TD's nullified because he slipped on that crappy field. Watch the tape

What other season was it a problem?

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ

Shut up.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/74738208

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Do people not realize last fall was absolutely a struggle for the field due to the constant precipitation and moisture? The field never had a chance to fully dry out. It was constantly being torn up and didn't have the proper time to recover. Was the field optimal at the end of the season, no. However, its not because it was a shittey field, it was because of the constant poor weather conditions.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL

Fake turf is an abomination to football and should be outlawed. Last season was an outlier. The only other time i remember issues with the field was when it was at the end of it's run a few years ago and they knew they were replacing it in the offseason. I can't believe anyone would wish for a plastic field at The Jack.