***Official USMNT Thread***

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Guys who hate the current MLS buy in system, turn away.
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/04/18/mls-announces-plans-expand-30-teams
(Which means 3 unannounced teams along with the currently confirmed teams of Inter Miami (Beckham's team) CF, Nashville SC, and Austin FC (Precourt's team because no one would let him relocate the Crew), 28 and 29 are speculated to be St. Louis (not the USL group) and Sacremento Republic FC, 30 is up in the air at this point)

Expansion fee is still at 200 Million

In other MLS related news, MLS teams will start receiving/paying solidarity payments. No word on if they're paying US Based teams though
Might as well make it 40 and somehow turn it into a pro/rel system at this point...

Reactions: BLRNerd

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Seattle Sounders U-17 beat Valencia U-17 in the Generation Adidas Cup Champions Division Final.

They beat River Plate, West Ham United too on the way there.

Do not sleep on Alfredo Ocampo-Chavez, Leyva, Robles (Leyva didn't participate because he just signed a HGP and should be at least on the bench this weekend, is 15, younger than Gianluca Busio from SKC who's 16 and is getting considerable playing time at SKC), I think Seattle will have a world renowned academy soon.

Plus I think the US will have a strong U-17 team for the u17 WC in Poland in May next month.

No wonder MLS finally said screw it. (The MLS Players' union isn't too happy about the whole ordeal by the way, but they're going to kinda let it slide probably if they get a bump in pay at the next CBA.)

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Seattle Sounders U-17 beat Valencia U-17 in the Generation Adidas Cup Champions Division Final.

They beat River Plate, West Ham United too on the way there.

Do not sleep on Alfredo Ocampo-Chavez, Leyva, Robles (Leyva didn't participate because he just signed a HGP and should be at least on the bench this weekend, is 15, younger than Gianluca Busio from SKC who's 16 and is getting considerable playing time at SKC), I think Seattle will have a world renowned academy soon.

Plus I think the US will have a strong U-17 team for the u17 WC in Poland in May next month.

No wonder MLS finally said screw it. (The MLS Players' union isn't too happy about the whole ordeal by the way, but they're going to kinda let it slide probably if they get a bump in pay at the next CBA.)

Leyva was in Dallas for the GA Cup. He won the Golden Ball at the tournament.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Okay, I need to make a couple corrections, the u-20 WC is in May in Poland, our U17 CONCACAF roster was just announced this week, the whole thing is wonky as heck but we should get out of our group easily because 3 out of the 4 teams in each group advance and join 4 other teams in the Round of 16, Tournament starts on May 1st, Semifinalists on qualify and looking at our roster, which is full of young and talented lads like the Sounders stars I just aforementioned, Gio Reyna (Supposed to go to Dortmund soon), Gianluca Busio, who has a good amount of playing time with Sporting KC, the chances are pretty high I think of us qualifying.

Also USL twitter announced that a new USL League 1 team is set to be announced next week, this team is located somewhere in a state that doesn't have either a USL Championship or League 1 team. Is Des Moines Menace the team that will be announced? Who knows, but based on the footprint of the USL1, my guess is that it's either Omaha or Des Moines to help bridge the gap between the rest of the league and FC Tuscon but I also feel like I could be grasping at straws too.

EDIT: Forgot to add that there's a new lawsuit to add to the lawsuit pile as well. Relevent Sports is suing USSF because of conflict of interest between SUM and the USSF over being blocked from hosting other federation league games, this the company that was trying to get La Liga to host official in season games on US Soil but was blocked by La Liga but this is over blocking an Ecuadorian game on US Soil, which was blocked by USSF.

Last edited:

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Okay, I need to make a couple corrections, the u-20 WC is in May in Poland, our U17 CONCACAF roster was just announced this week, the whole thing is wonky as heck but we should get out of our group easily because 3 out of the 4 teams in each group advance and join 4 other teams in the Round of 16, Tournament starts on May 1st, Semifinalists on qualify and looking at our roster, which is full of young and talented lads like the Sounders stars I just aforementioned, Gio Reyna (Supposed to go to Dortmund soon), Gianluca Busio, who has a good amount of playing time with Sporting KC, the chances are pretty high I think of us qualifying.

Also USL twitter announced that a new USL League 1 team is set to be announced next week, this team is located somewhere in a state that doesn't have either a USL Championship or League 1 team. Is Des Moines Menace the team that will be announced? Who knows, but based on the footprint of the USL1, my guess is that it's either Omaha or Des Moines to help bridge the gap between the rest of the league and FC Tuscon but I also feel like I could be grasping at straws too.

EDIT: Forgot to add that there's a new lawsuit to add to the lawsuit pile as well. Relevent Sports is suing USSF because of conflict of interest between SUM and the USSF over being blocked from hosting other federation league games, this the company that was trying to get La Liga to host official in season games on US Soil but was blocked by La Liga but this is over blocking an Ecuadorian game on US Soil, which was blocked by USSF.
Go Menace! Playing @ Drake Stadium might help.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Kum and Go would probably build a stadium at that point.
That would be great. Hope it happens. The Menace should use FC Cincinnati as an example of how fast this can all work. Personally, I enjoy USL soccer and the Menace should do all they can to get in the League.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Yep, need to note that they're playing at Drake this year per fan request and Valley Stadium is getting returfed or whatever this summer.

First two games are at Cownie due to the Relays/State Track I think, one is their first round US Open Cup match.
I love the relocation to Drake Stadium, and I look forward to going to a few games this summer.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
The clue was updated to USL League 2 (Formerly PDL) so Menace are off the board for now anyway. Sorry.

Should add that the the time for Discovery part of the NASL vs USSF/MLS antitrust lawsuit has been extended again by both parties, it was extended before in Jan. The time of discovery is now slated to end in November.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Looks like we won't have Yedlin for the Gold Cup, just recently underwent surgery for a groin injury.

Also the CAS lawsuit over Pro/Rel (Otherwise known as Kingston Stockade FC/Miami FC vs USSF I think) is apparently about to start before a 3 person panel according to @TurnerEsq on twitter in NYC, which is interesting. I do not expect the ruling to be in favor of Miami and Kingston based on US laws but I think if they do win, I'm sure they'll gladly go to FIFA, put in a formal demand for a normalization committee to enforce pro/rel, and if FIFA says no, they'll likely sue FIFA in CAS as well.

(I really don't think FIFA wants to get involved for various reasons on doing so. But I'm sure if Miami/Kingston wins the lawsuit they're going to try every avenue to get what they want, which I'm nervous about because I don't see their group do anything that'll actually help US soccer, they just want to get into the MLS for free)

Also the US Open Cup has started, if you have ESPN+ you can watch the whole thing! The second part of the First Round is tonight, Des Moines is playing Duluth FC at 7:30 PM at the Cownie Soccer Complex (Because of HS Track I'm guessing). A lot of people are giving the production of it great reviews because they have accurate logos and clear video of every game.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Hey guys, the u20 WC lineup is out, Weah is on it so I guess he's not going to be on the Gold Cup lineup (There's no roster swap for the Gold Cup like in past years)

GOALKEEPERS (3): CJ Dos Santos (Benfica/POR; Foxchase, Pa.; 2/0), David Ochoa (Real Salt Lake; Oxnard, Calif.; 4/0), Brady Scott (Köln/GER; Petaluma, Calif.; 9/0)

DEFENDERS (6): Sergino Dest (Ajax/NED; Almere-Stad, Netherlands; 8/1), Chris Gloster (Hannover 96/GER; Montclair, N.J.; 11/0), Aboubacar Keita (Richmond Kickers; Columbus, Ohio; 2/0), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union; Bear, Del.; 10/3), Matthew Real (Philadelphia Union; Drexel Hill, Pa.; 10/0), Chris Richards (Bayern Munich/GER; Birmingham, Ala.; 8/0)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Edwin Cerrillo (FC Dallas; Frisco, Texas; 0/0), Chris Durkin (D.C. United; Glen Allen, Va.; 2/0), Richard Ledezma (PSV Eindhoven/NED; Phoenix, Ariz.; 4/0), Alex Mendez (Freiburg/GER; Los Angeles, Calif.; 15/8), Paxton Pomykal (FC Dallas; Highland Village, Texas; 9/3), Brandon Servania (FC Dallas; Dallas, Texas; 8/2)

FORWARDS (6): Ayo Akinola (Toronto FC/CAN; Brampton, Ont.; 12/9), Konrad De La Fuente (Barcelona/ESP; Miami, Fla.; 2/1), Ulysses Llanez (Wolfsburg/GER; Lynwood, Calif.; 11/7), Justin Rennicks (New England Revolution; South Hamilton, Mass.; 13/6), Sebastian Soto (Hannover 96/GER; San Diego, Calif.; 5/2), Tim Weah (Celtic FC/SCO; Rosedale, N.Y.; 0/0)

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Left Winger Tyler Boyd has made the one time switch from New Zealand to US, Might be in the Gold Cup Squad.

We have qualified for the 2019 u-17 WC too but lost in the final to Mexico after Extra Time 2-1

We have qualified for the Beach WC as well via the CONCACAF Beach Championship by making the final.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
the 40 man preliminary roster for the Gold Cup, keep in mind it'll be cut down to 23, there's no roster switch after the group stage compared to years past

Tyler Adams, Jozy Altidore, Jonathan Amon, Paul Arriola, Corey Baird, Tyler Boyd, Micheal Bradley, Reggie Cannon, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Marlon Fossey, Greg Garza, Omar Gonzalez, Andrew Gutman, Brad Guzan, Joe Gyau, Duane Holmes, Ethan Horvath, Sean Johnson, Jonathan Lewis, Nick Lima, Sebastian Lletget, Aaron Long, Daniel Lovitz, Weston McKennie, Matt Miazga, Djorde Mihailovic, Tyler Miller, Jordan Morris, Darlington Nagbe, Christian Pulisic, Christian Ramirez, Tim Ream, Antonee Robinson, Miles Robinson, Cristian Roldan, Josh Sargent, Zach Steffen, Wil Trapp, Gyasi Zardes, Walker Zimmerman

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Yedlin and Brooks are both out due to injury.

Glad to see Duane Holmes on there. He’s had a solid season at Derby County which still has a chance to earn a spot in the Premier League via the promotion playoff final.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Pulisic has reported to Chelsea today, typical holding up Chelsea's shirt and everything, yada,, yada, yada, he didn't practice with the main squad but was watching (Europa League Final is this Wednesday for them). There's a rumor that Sarri might get sacked for Frank Lampard, who's Derby County's manager too.

Nations League Schedule
Oct 11 @ Cuba
Oct 15 vs Canada
Nov 15 @ Canada
Nov 19 vs Cuba

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
The U20 squad kicks off their World Cup on Friday against Ukraine. I believe all of their matches will be broadcast on FS1. That roster has a lot of talent on it so it could be really fun to see how these guys play together.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
For those who might want to set the DVR, US U20s tomorrow vs Ukraine on FS1 at 1:20 pm. This roster is full of teenagers who are already on the books at some big clubs in Europe as well as guys who are playing impact roles for their clubs in MLS. I don’t know that any previous U20 roster for the USA was this full of professional players (zero college players on the roster).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron