CyHawk College Gameday

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I don't want to share college game day with the effin Hawkeyes...period!

My thoughts exactly. I want this to be 100% informercial for how awesome ISU is and don't want the Hawks stealing a single second of us showcasing our university and fanbase. I'd much rather host GD on a Big 12 game than the CyHawk game. F the Hawks, they've already had gameday before us so I dont want to share it with them when they finally do come to Ames.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
All you guys saying the game wouldn’t drive much hype to do it are wrong...isu and Iowa will both be top 25..heck I’m betting isu breaks top 25 pre season..

2 top 25 schools? Yes it will be hyped.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Iowa is our biggest rival - this is our biggest game - Campbell has yet to beat them - yeah the fan base would love it.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Bad Option: Tom Arnold

BUT, are we all forgetting NICK NOLTE grew up in Ames? Lol

Reactions: Doc

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Too soon. :(
Yeah, honestly how would that set up go: “I’m Rece Davis, and welcome to Coldwater Golf Links: Home of the most recent murder of an ISU student.”

If they did anything there they would be obligated to mention it, although it wouldn’t surprise me if they did revisit the story in their coverage at some point.

Anyway I wouldn’t think Georges has enough national recognition. It wouldn’t surprise me if they brought in Harrison Barnes.

Last edited:

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Yeah, honestly how would that set up go: “I’m Rece Davis, and welcome to Coldwater Golf Links: Home of the most recent murder of an ISU student.”

If they did anything there they would be obligated to mention it, although it wouldn’t surprise me if they did revisit the story in their coverage at some point.

Anyway I wouldn’t think Georges has enough national recognition. It wouldn’t surprise me if they brought in Harrison Barnes.
Yeah, ESPN loves those tear-jerker stories.

And I don't think it'll be anyone like Niang, or Sage, or Wallace. A lot of times ESPN chooses someone who's a celebrity but has no ties to the school.

Aug 26, 2014
Well, there it is. Hawks are winning the West this year.
Fat Stanley lost his 3 best Receivers including 2 NFL TEs and he was still below average last year. Iowa will have no passing game. The running game was bad last year. And you have a horrible, inexperienced OC who is a dbag. Add the fact that you lost arguably your best defensive player, you are thin on the dline, and the schedule is harder, then yeah I would say I have a very valid point.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
They'd probably pull in the American Idol winner for the guest picker.

What about Monte? He's probably more noticable than Georges at this point with his playing time in Denver.

Or better yet, can we get the CEO of Modern Plumbing to come on and give his picks or commentary?

• Funny
Reactions: CySmurf and GTO

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Fat Stanley lost his 3 best Receivers including 2 NFL TEs and he was still below average last year. Iowa will have no passing game. The running game was bad last year. And you have a horrible, inexperienced OC who is a dbag. Add the fact that you lost arguably your best defensive player, you are thin on the dline, and the schedule is harder, then yeah I would say I have a very valid point.

Plus he's had another off-season, or what he likes to call buffet season.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I would rather not have Game Day here against the Squawks, Texas will accomplish everything game day being there could give us.

Look at it this way, I hope this will turn out to be a 2 hour informercial for ISU. If Iowa is the opponent, they will spend time talking about Fry and the 15 year winning streak, then how Freerents has a 4 year winning streak. They will pan the crowd and there will be a ton of Iowa fans in the parking lots yelling "go hawks'. At best their angle will be up and coming ISU vs the more established Iowa program, and how great the iowa fan base is attending away games.

Plus we will hear for the next 10 years from the tavern hawks how it took Iowa coming to Ames to get Game Day.

Much rather have Texas, then more time will be spent on ISU and the big 12 rather than the Squawks and the Big 10.

Last edited:

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I think Hoiberg was the obvious pick before the nebby job. Now I would probably say Hornacek is the most nationally recognizable alum.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
giphy.gif

• Creative
Reactions: 1976

Help Support Us

Become a patron