MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
The Cubs season was over when they started 2-7. Sell the whole thing off.

To be fair, at least that had history backing it up. I think it was like 68 teams in the last 30 years had started 1-6, and of those teams, something like 8 finished .500 or better and only 4 made the playoffs.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Taking the girlfriend to her first game tomorrow.

I'm not a serial attendant by any means but I've been to a fair share of games and have experienced Wrigleyville many times.

That being said I feel like you start to take things for granted and forget all the little things you made sure you experienced your first couple of times.

Suggestions on things I absolutely need to show her?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Taking the girlfriend to her first game tomorrow.

I'm not a serial attendant by any means but I've been to a fair share of games and have experienced Wrigleyville many times.

That being said I feel like you start to take things for granted and forget all the little things you made sure you experienced your first couple of times.

Suggestions on things I absolutely need to show her?

The first times I went I enjoyed walking around the outside and looking at the statues (Ernie Banks, Harry Caray, Ron Santo).

A picture in front of the red marquee is a must, obviously.

Assuming you're both in your 20s, show her around the Wrigleyville neighborhood. You don't realize what a one-of-a-kind atmosphere it is until you visit other stadiums. Maybe try to get into the game a little early to walk around the stadium, take a picture of the ivy, etc.

Reactions: CloneFan4

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Today would be a big one for momentum. Get back to .500 and get Kyle in the win column. I sure hope someone is sitting Kyle down in front of historic motivation speeches or something. Anything to avoid that 1st/2nd inning catastrophe.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Did you see Bryant crush that 2 run double?! And some of you guys want to trade him!

• Funny
Reactions: Cyientist

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Did you see Bryant crush that 2 run double?! And some of you guys want to trade him!
My stream froze right after he popped up. Came back and we were up 2-0 with runners on 2nd and 3rd. Loved the replay