***Official 2018-19 Transfer Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yeah, any increased (or reinstated) control the NCAA tries to assert just opens up the potential for the whole thing crashing down on their heads.

I would suggest it's good for the NCAA. I pay more attention to college basketball in April and May now that I ever used to thanks to all the player movement.
The pro leagues strive to be in the sports news cycle year round and not really have an offseason - the NFL excels at it, by the way - and the NCAA shouldn't be any different with their cash cows.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I remember losing interest in pro sports when free agency came to be. Now, look what's come of college hoops. My gosh. This is bad, bad, bad for the game.

You realize your whole football teams last 25 years of being good came off the back of Juco TRANSFERS right?
Your theory is completely stupid. Saying that kids should not allowed to be able to have a good college life, play for a coach they want and play for a University they want. It's completely stupid.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I remember losing interest in pro sports when free agency came to be. Now, look what's come of college hoops. My gosh. This is bad, bad, bad for the game.
You got destroyed for saying something like this a couple weeks ago. Why try again? This is not the website to be against the transfer rule. ISU is one of the biggest pro-transfer schools out there because of how many times we have benefited from it.

Reactions: Halincandenza

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
You realize your whole football teams last 25 years of being good came off the back of Juco TRANSFERS right?
Your theory is completely stupid. Saying that kids should not allowed to be able to have a good college life, play for a coach they want and play for a University they want. It's completely stupid.
Tyler Lockett, Darren Sproles, Jordy Nelson, Collin Klein, Terence Newman, Dalton Risner, Cody Whitehair all asked me to say hello this morning.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Congrats on naming a few. You want me to pull the list of Juco Transfers K State has had over the years? it's over 200 since Snyder took over.
The claim that the whole program was built on JUCO's is absurd, that was my point in posting a few names of real stars at K-State. JUCO transfers are not the same. Naturally, JUCO's finish at four-year schools. What's happening today in MBB is four-year to four-year, and it's problematic on multiple levels. Worthy of discussion.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
The claim that the whole program was built on JUCO's is absurd, that was my point in posting a few names of real stars at K-State. JUCO transfers are not the same. Naturally, JUCO's finish at four-year schools. What's happening today in MBB is four-year to four-year, and it's problematic on multiple levels. Worthy of discussion.

Not in the 2018-19 men’s basketball transfer thread on an ISU forum it’s not. If you want to discuss your disdain with transfers please start your own thread

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

You are hiding behind the literal when you well know his statement was deliberate overstatement for rhetorical effect -- something usually called hyperbole.

hy·per·bo·le
/hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
  1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
Transfers have been a fundamental part of the success that K-State had in football over the past 20 years. If you think transfers are so ruinous to college sports, then your most honest approach would be to repudiate that era and all of its success.

Do you do so? Yes or no.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
You are hiding behind the literal when you well know his statement was deliberate overstatement for rhetorical effect -- something usually called hyperbole.

hy·per·bo·le
/hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
  1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
Transfers have been a fundamental part of the success that K-State had in football over the past 20 years. If you think transfers are so ruinous to college sports, then your most honest approach would be to repudiate that era and all of its success.

Do you do so? Yes or no.
Please stop conflating JUCO's, who obviously finish at four-year schools, with what's happening in college hoops today.

• Funny
Reactions: FinalFourCy

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron