CyHawk College Gameday

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Which I could see happening.... Fkn Ashton Kutcher
No way would Ashton be the guest picker at Gameday in Ames. Not only did he attend Iowa (for a short time) but he’s also a hawk fan.

If Hoiberg wasn’t coaching in College, it would have been him. I would love if Niang did it.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Probably not likely, but I know the owner's of Coldwater golf are very close to the athletic dept. How cool would it be to set up there with the stadium in the background.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I have a hard time even thinking of who they would invite for the guest....

Who the hell does ISU have? Horney, Seneca, Reynolds, Matt Blair, Tom Harkin, Sage KO ,Klein....

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Georges would be fun, but I think it would be Seneca. We really dont have any real well known alumni outside of Fred.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
IF it happens this year, it will be one of those 2 teams.

I don't think Iowa-ISU will move the needle enough early this season, unless there is just nothing else going on that weekend. I think that game, since early season, is most likely to be GameDay when both Iowa and ISU are coming off big seasons and both are ranked pre-season.

But if ISU and UT are both 7-2 or so going into that game this year, competing for 1st/2nd in the Big12... that really has potential for this year. I think this could happen in 2019.

If they were both slightly better last year and both ended up in the top 15 or something with lots of returners it would have a good chance I'd think.

It would be fun but the problem is Hokdom would have one more thing to think their program deserves credit for.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
We need a little more hype before they come to Ames this fall. I'd rather they do GameDay for two undefeated teams on week 5. Cyclones vs the Horny Frogs.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I have a feeling both Fox and ESPN will be fighting over the rights to showcase this game as a prime time game. I think this game being a late kickoff are pretty high.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
It won't be the hoks this year. They are going to be pretty bad; maybe not even make a bowl game.

How do you figure? They should have roughly the same level of line play, a veteran QB, and the same system they have run since Deuteronomy. I expect they will be average/competent like usual.

I'm not saying they are Top 10 or not overrated as always. Just that I don't see why they would be looking at a 5-6 win season.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
How do you figure? They should have roughly the same level of line play, a veteran QB, and the same system they have run since Deuteronomy. I expect they will be average/competent like usual.

I'm not saying they are Top 10 or not overrated as always. Just that I don't see why they would be looking at a 5-6 win season.

It 76....he's not exactly Nostradamus

• Funny
Reactions: Clonefan93

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron