RECRUITING INSIDER: What I know about Iowa State’s top targets

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Cant believe this character hasnt been mentioned, loved the naked guy and "whats really the problem?"
140207_2724026_The_Sensitive_Naked_Man_anvver_2.jpg

Reactions: heitclone

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Yep, concerning day for Beard. Miss on Chris Harris Jr to OSU and Culver declared for the NBA. Wen't from crowded guard situation to a lot of time available.
They weren't suppose to be that good this year and all they did was make the NC game. If I'm a TTech fan I'm not concerned.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Yep, concerning day for Beard. Miss on Chris Harris Jr to OSU and Culver declared for the NBA. Wen't from crowded guard situation to a lot of time available.

Blurb on another board from one of the BEST ISU basketball posters that Culver might return for another season... Might.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Oh FFS. Let things play out before throwing in the towel on next year already. Goodness.

No, no, no, we need to get upset about all the stuff that hasn't happened, stuff that DID happen, and stuff that DIDN'T happen, but might have happened if other stuff happened because since when did NCAA basketball become unpredictable?

And screw football season too.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
So javan Johnson the only one we're looking favorable for. And about the only guy in that group that doesn't move the meter. 2017 is coming back too fast
We're in on more people than you think.

Admon Gilder, 6-foot-4 grad transfer guard from Texas A&M, may be considering ISU.

If we get Gilder, Camron Justice (6-foot-3 IUPUI grad transfer) and Caleb Grill or Clarence Nadolny that will be a good spring.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Here’s my Debbie Downer report. We just lost 3 underclassmen with NBA skills along with 3 graduating seniors, 2 of which might also be pros. Solo is a health mystery. Incoming class is not highly rated.There is a 15% chance of THT or Wiggs coming back. Weve gone 1 month in the off-season with no results. About 2 months are left. The longer the clock ticks, the more likely we get Beverlys and not Shayoks. We have starting roles open in the top 1 or 2 conference and a hundred players in the market, you’d think someone would $tep forward.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Here’s my Debbie Downer report. We just lost 3 underclassmen with NBA skills along with 3 graduating seniors, 2 of which might also be pros. Solo is a health mystery. Incoming class is not highly rated.There is a 15% chance of THT or Wiggs coming back. Weve gone 1 month in the off-season with no results. About 2 months are left. The longer the clock ticks, the more likely we get Beverlys and not Shayoks. We have starting roles open in the top 1 or 2 conference and a hundred players in the market, you’d think someone would $tep forward.

At least we capitilized on all that talent leaving by stomping an inferior team in the tournament and going on a nice run.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
This year is really quite different with so many underclassman that have declared for the draft. Look at this list.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/04/2019-nba-draft-early-entrants-list.html

124 players have declared early. There are only 60 draft spots.

Now use this reference to look at the current grad transfers.

http://verbalcommits.com/transfers/2019

Hardly any are committed anywhere. Looks like 30 are already committed and I'd say there are over 150 total still out there. And of those 30, only 9 went to a Power 6 conference.

There is still a ton up in the air for everybody. We aren't missing out. We aren't getting left behind. We are basically waiting like every other school out there.

Edit: I counted and there are 176 grad transfers and 30 have committed and 9 of those 30 committed to P6 schools. Relax.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012

Has any team seen results?

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
This year is really quite different with so many underclassman that have declared for the draft. Look at this list.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/04/2019-nba-draft-early-entrants-list.html

124 players have declared early. There are only 60 draft spots.

Now use this reference to look at the current grad transfers.

http://verbalcommits.com/transfers/2019

Hardly any are committed anywhere. Looks like 30 are already committed and I'd say there are over 150 total still out there. And of those 30, only 9 went to a Power 6 conference.

There is still a ton up in the air for everybody. We aren't missing out. We aren't getting left behind. We are basically waiting like every other school out there.

Edit: I counted and there are 176 grad transfers and 30 have committed and 9 of those 30 committed to P6 schools. Relax.

Dumb question, but there going to be a mad transfer scramble when half the those that declared don't get drafted?

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Dumb question, but there going to be a mad transfer scramble when half the those that declared don't get drafted?
Well I don't believe the "If you aren't drafted you can return to school" rule has been approved by the NBA and NBAPA. It was approved/created by the NCAA but needs to be approved by the NBA. So far it hasn't. So that May 29th date to withdrawal is still in effect.

• Winner
Reactions: jbindm

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
This. A handful of guys have signed but most are still out there. No one we were strongly linked to has signed right? I guess every team in the country should panic.

Right, most kids don't even set visits until late April or early May.

With the NBA draft deadline becoming late May, I feel most teams in the country won't
"see results" until then or mid-May.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone