CyHawk College Gameday

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I hate Iowa but that would be awesome. All the attention on the state of Iowa. Sick of Texas. It would be a madhouse to be honest. Especially if it's in Ames and it showcases our team. I honestly don't care if it's against Troy State (BTW greatest sign at any football game was when some ISU student had a sign that said "Troy isn't even a State".

Reactions: Cdiedrick

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
IF it happens this year, it will be one of those 2 teams.

I don't think Iowa-ISU will move the needle enough early this season, unless there is just nothing else going on that weekend. I think that game, since early season, is most likely to be GameDay when both Iowa and ISU are coming off big seasons and both are ranked pre-season.

But if ISU and UT are both 7-2 or so going into that game this year, competing for 1st/2nd in the Big12... that really has potential for this year. I think this could happen in 2019.

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Once again if it is a cyhawk, we have to get this guy and place him dead center.

zZgvy2fIYtRMcEabOSbP9ahDik1xFRnjhfC0hmEHLSM.gif

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Some of you really need to get over your hang up with the Hawks. It's not ideal, but you take gameday any way you can get it. To say you'd rather have nothing than to have it when playing Iowa is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'd rather not have a cyhawk college GameDay because it would turn in to an Iowa GameDay in Ames. Give me Texas instead.

This will not turn into an TOE GameDay in Ames. At worst, the Tavern Hoks will make themselves look like little brothers. It would be fantastic to establish ourselves as a nationally relevant rivalry.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
You guys that don't want gameday for Iowa sound like tavern hawks. **** em, I hope they come in droves. Just means more $$$$ for ISU and the city of Ames. You're talking about not wanting what could be the largest crowd to ever in and around JTS. No one negative can come from this. Just don't sell any of them your tickets.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Say GameDay does come to Ames...

Where are the settin' up?

Was talking to a buddy about this. North side of Jack Trice? Or out in the grass lots somewhere? What about campus?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Was talking to a buddy about this. North side of Jack Trice? Or out in the grass lots somewhere? What about campus?
I was thinking central campus with the campanile in the background. North side of Trice would be cool, but holy crap that would be a busy area if it's a morning or early afternoon football game.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Jack Trice and the tailgating lots will get plenty of air time around game time. I'd set up north of the MU with the Campanile in the backdrop. Make sure our campus gets showcased.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I was thinking central campus with the campanile in the background. North side of Trice would be cool, but holy crap that would be a busy area if it's a morning or early afternoon football game.

Busy, for sure.. just seems if it was up there it would take away from the tailgating scene, which is what were known for.

That's why I think they'd find a location around the stadium for it.

The drone shots of the tailgating lots would be awesome to see. I'm sure they could still do that from central campus, but atmosphere there would be a little different.

Next question... guest picker?

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Jack Trice and the tailgating lots will get plenty of air time around game time. I'd set up north of the MU with the Campanile in the backdrop. Make sure our campus gets showcased.

I'd assume the producers of the show have more say than campus officials, too. I know campus officials would probably choose the route of showing campus off.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

I could get behind the central campus idea if the game is a night game. Otherwise the broadcast should feature the stadium and all the tailgating.

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
Busy, for sure.. just seems if it was up there it would take away from the tailgating scene, which is what were known for.

That's why I think they'd find a location around the stadium for it.

The drone shots of the tailgating lots would be awesome to see. I'm sure they could still do that from central campus, but atmosphere there would be a little different.

Next question... guest picker?

Could you imagine if they had Georges Niang up there! The trolling that would take place! haha

Help Support Us

Become a patron