***Official 2018-19 Transfer Thread***

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
This off season is just crazy with so many players leaving early and transferring. I can't think of a team that is just solid and that has a lot coming back next year. I think a lot of teams are in the same boat as ISU. Even with a lot of freshman you never really know what you are going to get if they are out of the top 25. I hope ISU can get 1 decent grad transfer guard and two freshman guards for next year and I think that could get them in the top half of the big 12 and in the tourney.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I don't mind if we are good and kids transfer. I like the one and dones. However, it would be nice for just one year to have zero go to the draft, have like one guy that never plays transfer and be all set for the next year. I think those days are long gone. Every year at this time we basically have no idea what nexts years team is going to look like.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I don't think anyone posted it here yet, ESPN published a transfer-portal list, looks like it's updated as commitments occur.

CBB transfer rankings for 19-20/20-21.

Rank order itself is subjective, of course, but its useful in general -- includes position and notable stats. Also divides it into "available immediately" and "sit-out," a helpful tool.
The Dunking Dutchman's son is available!

Reactions: cyclones500

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
At this point I am wondering if Prohm is giving Lard bad reviews to coaches calling and asking about him. I could see him telling certain power 5 teams reaching out that he is not worth the trouble. I could see Lard being scooped up by a mid major that needs a player and can take a risk on him. I don't see many power 5 teams being in a position that Lard is a guy they can take a chance on. I think power 5 teams take chances on certain players that are next level. Lard is not next level.

Thanks for living up to your screen name.

For an INSTANT do you think CSP is built that way? If so, you're the worst judge of character yet seen on this or any other ISU board.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Depends on your view on the issues that send you to rehab.

The fact he was still here under a guy like Prohm tells me the transgressions weren’t that bad, at least to anyone other than himself. He went to rehab, not jail.

DWI has landed more than a few people in jail, not rehab.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
That is my exact point. Telling them the truth. Lard has been suspended 3 times, Been to rehab, has bad body language a lot of times. Maybe Prohm is telling them exactly what they are getting and they are not interested. If Prohm was giving him good reviews. He would have teams interested based on his abilities.

Or maybe you think more highly of his abilities than guys paid millions of dollars think of his abilities? Maybe the top-tier teams understand there is way more to making a team better than just having 1 stinking game where people raved... Maybe the best players are the best teammates, the most committed to classroom and skill development, etc... and not just a stat or 2. Maybe.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
DWI has landed more than a few people in jail, not rehab.
Lard went to jail?

We’ve had guys with DUIs, so have other programs. If the unknown transgressions were outside the norm of what (talented) players get away with across the country, a guy like Prohm isn’t inviting Lard back.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I wonder how many non-seniors will declare for the NBA draft. It seems like some of them declare even though they have likely won't even get drafted or play in the G-League.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Lard went to jail?

We’ve had guys with DUIs, so have other programs. If the unknown transgressions were outside the norm of what (talented) players get away with across the country, a guy like Prohm isn’t inviting Lard back.

You said it's not like he went to jail when we all know he did things that have sent many people to jail.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I wonder how many non-seniors will declare for the NBA draft. It seems like some of them declare even though they have likely won't even get drafted or play in the G-League.

I think a large number of them go through the process fully understanding that they won't be drafted and with every intention of withdrawing before the deadline. For them, it's just information gathering about what they need to work on to get to the next level.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I think a large number of them go through the process fully understanding that they won't be drafted and with every intention of withdrawing before the deadline. For them, it's just information gathering about what they need to work on to get to the next level.

It'd be interesting to see how many, if any, players ended up not being on the NBA radar declared for this reason and ended up impressing and getting drafted. I'm sure its not many but would be interesting to see, the NFL combine has a couple kids get drafted more or less on how they perform there every year.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Good point.