***Official 2018-19 Transfer Thread***

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013

Whoa that is a big one considering the same school likely gets both brothers. Wisconsin natives I'd guess they land at a Big Ten school. Not saying it's going to happen but I know they played AAU ball with Wieskamp and the older McCaffrey. If Fran is ever going to go all-in on the transfer market youd think this would be it.

Wieskamp, Garza and both Hauser brothers as upperclassmen would be pretty dang tough.

• Agree
Reactions: acgclone

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Wonder if this is the sharp shooter that said someone is transferring and everyone though it could be Moss. My bet would be Wisconsin. However, we have had good look with Marquette guys. Houser played with the Barnstormers AAU. Would be a good pickup to get both. I would be down to get both of them and one of the freshman Grill or Frenchy.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Wonder if this is the sharp shooter that said someone is transferring and everyone though it could be Moss. My bet would be Wisconsin. However, we have had good look with Marquette guys. Houser played with the Barnstormers AAU. Would be a good pickup to get both. I would be down to get both of them and one of the freshman Grill or Frenchy.

Neither would fit the bill for what Price was saying about that transfer

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Intriguing option.

@jeffborzello UT Arlington guard Edric Dennis tells ESPN he will graduate and transfer. Eligible immediately. 14.3 PPG and 4.5 RPG, also hit 30-plus points twice this season.

• Informative
Reactions: State43 and Messi

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
No doubt but i have no idea what this staffs strategy is with transfer recruiting. I didn’t think our only scheduled visit halfway through April would be a sit out forward from Troy who averaged 10 and 4 but here we are.

In the era of immediate gratification, I guess I am not surprised that people get antsy with the spring transfer recruiting. The reality, however, is that the landscape is constantly changing (as today's news out of Marquette proves). I get that it is exciting to get frequent updates regarding where ISU is in the process, but this staff is quieter and has proven they can find the right pieces. Not worried about this at all.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Much like the Lawson brothers 2 years ago, I’d imagine these guys have already worked the back channels to ensure they have a new landing spot before leaving Marquette

Very good point. Tony Bennett probably made it understood that the would have 2 spots open if they decided to move on. Especially since he's from and well connected in Wisconsin.

Marquette boards have to be on fire right now. they were looking at a top 10 team entering the year and now boarder line top 25?
I am afraid to see what CF would look like if a bomb like that was dropped for ISU. Losing THT and LW isn't exactly the same (pro v transfer) and we could see the tea leaves aligning for a while to only semi-panic.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
In the era of immediate gratification, I guess I am not surprised that people get antsy with the spring transfer recruiting. The reality, however, is that the landscape is constantly changing (as today's news out of Marquette proves). I get that it is exciting to get frequent updates regarding where ISU is in the process, but this staff is quieter and has proven they can find the right pieces. Not worried about this at all.

Agreed, to an extent. The one thing they haven't proven they can do (and in fairness, it's probably tougher than it sounds) is land an impact grad transfer. Unless a handful of guys currently on the roster take a giant step forward next year then Prohm has to land a guy who can play immediately and make a big impact. A role player type like Talley or Bowie isn't going to cut it.

With that said, I agree that it's too early to panic or get antsy. There's so much smoke out there right now that all you can do is trust Prohm and the staff to make the additions they need.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
  • Funny
Reactions: WalkingCY

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
He's from Canada and Jeff Beverly can put in a good word for us. We've got this one in the bag.

Poor Jeff Beverly. He's like the patron saint of disappointing grad transfers. I hope he doesn't have a google alert set for his name. It would just be the occasional Cyclone fan bashing him for not being a good basketball player.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Very good point. Tony Bennett probably made it understood that the would have 2 spots open if they decided to move on. Especially since he's from and well connected in Wisconsin.

Marquette boards have to be on fire right now. they were looking at a top 10 team entering the year and now boarder line top 25?
I am afraid to see what CF would look like if a bomb like that was dropped for ISU. Losing THT and LW isn't exactly the same (pro v transfer) and we could see the tea leaves aligning for a while to only semi-panic.

Just mention Wesley Johnson. You'll get a thrill.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron