INSIDER: Spring football nuggets (4-14-19)

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
After seeing this photo. I completely agree with BeyerBall on Blake Peterson. He has good size as a true freshman.

BP looks the part of a guy that can slide inside in passing packages allowing McDonald to move up and reign terror off the edge.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Love the mention of Rose. On the sidelines after 3rd stops and while we're on offense, that kid is locked in.
He's so damn good.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Hopefully Akers can take another step up. He might be fast but struggled to get open. Plus he had two drops that resulted in interceptions.

I agree. Those were bad plays for him. He better improve or he's going to be passed up on the depth chart.

• Friendly
Reactions: CyBlitz

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Glad to hear JGJ is better than ever. There were stretches where he was just not good last fall. I think part of that was due to the fact that he's been moved around so much. Hard to settle into a spot when you've been moved to a new spot almost every year.

• Agree
Reactions: HouClone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I don’t know much about football but
It's right there in the thread title.

The thread originally said 4-14-18. Just a typo.

Before I realized it was jerse, I thought it was someone just good naturedly pointing out the wrong date.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I don’t know much about football but

The thread originally said 4-14-18. Just a typo.

Before I realized it was jerse, I thought it was someone just good naturedly pointing out the wrong date.

Yeah I didn't realize that. When that poster has the reputation he has then you immediately think they're being negative.

MRN4ISU

Jan 23, 2012
Ames (Moville)
I was talking to one of the new assistants at Cy's House and heard some interesting nuggets.

Sounds like there were quite a few position changes. Jatairis Grant getting moved to LB was one I found interesting. And that Lawrence White and Eisworth are anchoring safety, with Braxton Lewis playing the Star position. Young and Johnson anchoring the corner position. I think I remember Azzuna getting moved as well. Not sure, was rather drunk.

Regardless, I'd be interesting to see an article with position changes once they come out. Campbell likes to move players around.