• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cycloneman24

May 15, 2018
Yikes. Looks like another loss in the first game of the tournament. What happened to getting Tuttle? Maybe next year the roster will be a little better.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So the basketball tournament is coming back, and there looks to be a new squad - Iowa United, which is going to have reps from all four of the D1 schools in the state. So far it's Tyrus McGee, Reed Timmer, Wes Washpun, and Nick Baer. Gonna be 4 more members they are announcing over the next 5 days. I think this is a better idea as we've simply had too hard of a time getting a team to show up from just ISU guys. Looking forward to it as always.

Fixed it for you. They put a good team together last year, but they just didn't show up, literally for some and figuratively for others.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Anyone have a list of the 9 guys? I see Fizer was listed as the 9th but I am missing some

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Anyone have a list of the 9 guys? I see Fizer was listed as the 9th but I am missing some

Josh Young -Drake PG
Wes Washpun-UNI PG
Tyrus Mcgee-ISU SG
Reed Timmer-Drake SG
Peter Jok-Iowa SG
Matt Tiby-Urbandale/UW Milwaukee PF
Nicholas Baer-Iowa SF
Marcus Fizer-Iowa State PF
Nick Mcglynn-Drake-C

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Yikes. Looks like another loss in the first game of the tournament. What happened to getting Tuttle? Maybe next year the roster will be a little better.

Yeesh dude. Tuttle may come on next year, he is a GA at UNI and they will be in Italy. By all means...run me a list of who we could have reasonably gotten that would be better?
This isnt nearly as easy as you think.

Reactions: isutrevman

Cycloneman24

May 15, 2018
Yeesh dude. Tuttle may come on next year, he is a GA at UNI and they will be in Italy. By all means...run me a list of who we could have reasonably gotten that would be better?

Guard play is decent but there are no quality big men and no height. No point in putting a team together when you know they won’t win more than one game tops. What’s the point of wasting players time and others money? Get it right next year and come up with a more talented roster. You have one wing scorer with height which is Jok.
What was McKay doing? Surely he would be better than an almost 40 year old Marcus Fizer who sat out and coached the past two years. Hogue? JVB?

• Dislike

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Guard play is decent but there are no quality big men and no height. No point in putting a team together when you know they won’t win more than one game tops. What’s the point of wasting players time and others money? Get it right next year and come up with a more talented roster. You have one wing scorer with height which is Jok.
What was McKay doing? Surely he would be better than an almost 40 year old Marcus Fizer who sat out and coached the past two years. Hogue? JVB?

Lol..jameel mckay. Ok cool. Hook em.

• Winner

Redman97

Jul 31, 2011
Iowa City

Maybe he had the flu or something, but McKay looked really bad last year.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins

McGlynn is a perfectly good player and Tiby isn't bad either. Obviously you might like to see someone other than Baer, but at least Baer is going to give good effort and is in good shape right now. I will admit that Fizer is maybe a weird choice, but they had to find guys who were willing to do it. That's easier said than done.

Cycloneman24

May 15, 2018
Lol..jameel mckay. Ok cool. Hook em.
Nice response man. Sorry to burst your bubble. You have nothing to say to that cause you know I’m right. McKay would be the most talented big man on that roster. Fizer would have been a huge pick up 10 years ago but not now.

• Disagree

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Ignore him. Dude’s a troll. Appreciate all your effort putting this together. I cheer against UNI and Iowa every game but it’ll be cool having something the whole state can get behind. Looking forward to it!

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Ignore him. Dude’s a troll. Appreciate all your effort putting this together. I cheer against UNI and Iowa every game but it’ll be cool having something the whole state can get behind. Looking forward to it!

Oh I know. It's all good. He is embarrassing himself even mentioning Mckay or JVB.

The roster scored over 12000 points in college and the tournament is more than excited about this team...that's all we can do. It's a process and we're not going to probably get this perfectly right year one.
Thanks to you guys supporting what we are doing and the awareness we are bringing to our state's veterans. Really appreciate you folks.

Cycloneman24

May 15, 2018
Oh I know. It's all good. He is embarrassing himself even mentioning Mckay or JVB.

The roster scored over 12000 points in college and the tournament is more than excited about this team...that's all we can do. It's a process and we're not going to probably get this perfectly right year one.
Thanks to you guys supporting what we are doing and the awareness we are bringing to our state's veterans. Really appreciate you folks.

McKay turn you down? Is that why you dislike him so much. Lol maybe next year you can put in an extra hour of work and put a competitive team together.

Cycloneman24

May 15, 2018
McKay was on last year's roster and they got beat by 30 soooooooo not the strongest argument there pal.
Tyrus was on that team is well. Should he not be playing this year? You know nothing about basketball. Stick to answering random questions. McKay may not have played well last year but you can’t be dumb enough to argue Fizer, and the 2 other big man scrubs are better than a former big 12 defensive player of the year.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Tyrus was on that team is well. Should he not be playing this year? You know nothing about basketball. Stick to answering random questions. McKay may not have played well last year but you can’t be dumb enough to argue Fizer, and the 2 other big man scrubs are better than a former big 12 defensive player of the year.
I'll bet you $100 that this team performs better in their first game than the team last year did.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
McKay was on last year's roster and they got beat by 30 soooooooo not the strongest argument there pal.

Certainly wouldn't put that on jameel...and we love jameel. To answer happy guy above...we didnt reach out to him. We wanted a little more physical size rather than his mobility. Just wasn't a good fit.

• Informative
Reactions: Fitzy

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011

Psst...mcglynn is a defensive POY. And clearly you dont know who Tiby is. Players and coach wanted Matt badly.
But carry on. You're doing a great job.