Survivor: Edge of Extinction

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Love Lauren and Kelly. Was rooting for Victoria but I can’t root for anyone that is on a beach, in a bikini, in a tropical location, while wearing a stalking hat. That alone will make me root against u. I mean it’s like 49 degrees out and I’m not wearing one.

Ironically funny that wardog came up with the strategy and talked them into it.

Surviver never lets me down. So many blindsides and good strategy. I am not sure how anyone can get comfortable and think they are not leaving. Like have u never seen this show?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
One thing also wanted to point out. What a pos Aurora was for talking game while Lauren was passed out and being treated by the medics.

• Agree
Reactions: Gonzo

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
One thing also wanted to point out. What a pos Aurora was for talking game while Lauren was passed out and being treated by the medics.

We don't know the editing on that. Survivor and reality shows edit it so it makes it look like that. They might have already gave the "She is fine" announcement and then she started talking game. They never showed her talking to her and Lauren on the ground at the same time. That is what sucks. So she might have said that stuff after they said Lauren was all good.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Was anyone else screaming at the TV when Kelly and Lauren didn't use their idols? I was like "What are you doing". Then It turned out they were way smarter than me. haha. I think there were some conversations Survivor left out for us not to see so they could end it that way and make it more dramatic.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
As soon as Ron said he was the puppetmaster in one of his interviews, you knew things were not going to go his way. Glad to see things are starting to shake up.

Yeah, I even said, "Every a player gets too cocky thinking they're in control they're about to get their comeuppance." It's as predictable as the merge.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Next weeks show will be interesting to see who goes next. I really enjoyed the convo with Devens acting like he was all for his old tribe and then saying that all sounds great except the exact opposite. Sure it may end being his downfall but it was nice as a fan to see someone be like "Yo you just voted me out, why would I trust you guys again".

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Good episode last night. I had no idea how the vote was going to shake out as the edit make it seem like 3 or 4 scenarios were reasonably within play going into tribal. I would have rather seen Ron go over Eric but that was a good vote out either way. I get Rick being pissed about being voted out but you have to check your emotions sometimes and go with the smart votes even if it means voting with people you don't trust. Keep your enemies close then cut them at the right moment in the game that helps you. Now he's basically at Kama's mercy by walling off his own tribe like he did. David played it cool and spelled it out to him that now was not the time to let emotions run high and get revenge when you can make a move with those people to put the numbers in your favor.

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Next weeks show will be interesting to see who goes next. I really enjoyed the convo with Devens acting like he was all for his old tribe and then saying that all sounds great except the exact opposite. Sure it may end being his downfall but it was nice as a fan to see someone be like "Yo you just voted me out, why would I trust you guys again".

I like him, but that wasn't great game play by him. Hopefully he can get back in with the group, but I also don't think he's long for this game.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
We don't know the editing on that. Survivor and reality shows edit it so it makes it look like that. They might have already gave the "She is fine" announcement and then she started talking game. They never showed her talking to her and Lauren on the ground at the same time. That is what sucks. So she might have said that stuff after they said Lauren was all good.

Caught up on the episode last night. I think they did actually show her pleading strategy with Lauren on the ground and medical staff around her (assuming they didn't overlay audio with video that weren't actually at the same times). There was one point where the contestants already eliminated told her "it's not the time" and Julie was upset saying "she's passed out".

I thought it showed amazing determination, trying to push through it when her mind and body was trying to say no more. Pretty badass to then respond trying to brush it off because she was embarrassed by passing out. She thought it was a sign of weakness or something, I and I'm sure others see it more as courage - leaving it all out on the line.

• Agree
Reactions: BigD

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
So we are far enough along does anyone have a favorite they want to win yet? I'm not quite sure yet, I kind of like the smart game David has played even though I always say returning players should never win and I do think the odds of him making it to final tribal are still slim. Can't stand Ron, Wardog, Wentworth, Lauren, and I'm on the fence about Devens and Victoria too. Wouldn't surprise me if Lauren has to leave the game if she doesn't get some substantial food reward soon. I liked Devens up until the last episode where he let his "screw them for voting me out" emotions get in the way of thinking logically about his gameplay. He missed his chance to claim part of a big move with his last vote so now he has to kiss butt with Kama to keep him in the game now that he completely burned the bridge with his old tribe.

I still would find it hilarious if Joe gets back into the game and wins out immunity to get to final tribal. I'd probably be all for him winning if that happened because as someone else mentioned it was dumb of them to vote him out and basically give him the advantage of not going to tribal for awhile then possibly having a shot to get back into it late in the game as the biggest challenge threat at extinction.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So we are far enough along does anyone have a favorite they want to win yet? I'm not quite sure yet, I kind of like the smart game David has played even though I always say returning players should never win and I do think the odds of him making it to final tribal are still slim. Can't stand Ron, Wardog, Wentworth, Lauren, and I'm on the fence about Devens and Victoria too. Wouldn't surprise me if Lauren has to leave the game if she doesn't get some substantial food reward soon. I liked Devens up until the last episode where he let his "screw them for voting me out" emotions get in the way of thinking logically about his gameplay. He missed his chance to claim part of a big move with his last vote so now he has to kiss butt with Kama to keep him in the game now that he completely burned the bridge with his old tribe.

I still would find it hilarious if Joe gets back into the game and wins out immunity to get to final tribal. I'd probably be all for him winning if that happened because as someone else mentioned it was dumb of them to vote him out and basically give him the advantage of not going to tribal for awhile then possibly having a shot to get back into it late in the game as the biggest challenge threat at extinction.

This is a weird season in my opinion. There are a handful of players who I still feel like I have no clue who they are. Before this last episode the red head girl was a complete stranger to me, as with a few of the guys. I think they've gone way overboard with the focus they've put on Wentworth and the other returning players, along with a small group of new ones, and as a result there are some players that come on screen and I'm like "who is that person?" Might also be a result of them splitting time covering the players who were voted out and are now on the other island.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
I was thoroughly confused at that time who they were all gonna vote for.

This is the first season I can remember where it’s pretty much a free for all to who is gonna be voted off each week- there is not a bunch of sheep that are falling in line and voting for whoever they are told to vote for. Yes there are cliques of people voting together but those cliques are 3-4 per group instead of groups of 7-8 like in the past.

Finally, I am really confused why Devens and David used that idol last night. Looks like everyone was in for Julia. Waisted idol I would say...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
That was awesome last night. Surivor Never Fails

Gavin is starting to really play a good game. Kind of scares me that he might be getting to good and when that happens people get voted off.

In my opinion I think Aubry is going to return to the game. They seem to be concentrating on her more than the rest of the Edge of extinction cast offs. Joe is getting very little air time and Survivor loves Joe. So it makes me think he won't be returning. Also, Is Joe starting to morph into Capt Jack Sparrow or is it me?

Last thing since the producers pick the clothes for the cast members to wear. Just would like to say I approve of what Lauren and Victoria have been wearing.

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
I don't think they should let them do what they did last night at tribal council, I would make a rule that you have to stay in your seat. You could still do talking, but not the over-the-top stuff they did last night. It is interesting to see how answers at tribal can blow plans up, but what happened last night was too much!

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I don't think they should let them do what they did last night at tribal council, I would make a rule that you have to stay in your seat. You could still do talking, but not the over-the-top stuff they did last night. It is interesting to see how answers at tribal can blow plans up, but what happened last night was too much!

Serious? I thought it made for fantastic TV. I loved it. The whole thing went to a S SHow. I thought it was awesome and I hope it happens again.