Anybody have hulu live?

JaCyn

Mar 18, 2017
Starting the seven day trial, if it's good on getting rid of mediacom. Are there any issues I should know about?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I have it. It's fine. Good thing is if you dont like it or want to try out a different service it's really easy to do.

cypher

Jan 21, 2012
NW Iowa
We had it during the football and basketball seasons. Loved it. Will resubscribe in the fall. Lots of sports options

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
We have it, gf loves it, I wish we could have looked around more. Layout and channel guide isnt great. If there is someone in your house that likes to pause, would not recommend.

• Informative
Reactions: k123

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
Report back for us all! I've had PSVue (with Amazon Fire TV box) a couple times and liked it's guide layout and cloud DVR functions.

Last edited:

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
Happy with it. Would like NBC (for SNF) and AMC, but for what it costs I’m not going to complain.

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I’ve used all the streaming services (PS Vue, Sling TV, DirectTV Now, Hulu Live, YouTube TV) and Hulu Live is the best value and best quality. I had lots of issues with buffering during a big ball game on PS Vue and Sling TV....not sure if they have cleaned that up or not. Hulu Live gives you all sports channels (Fox and ESPN channels) as well as all the Hulu content without ads (which is a lot). Between Hulu and Netflix I pretty much have everything I would ever want to watch covered.

• Agree
Reactions: JaCyn and DRCHIRO

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Starting the seven day trial, if it's good on getting rid of mediacom. Are there any issues I should know about?
It’s great. Tons of shows and sports.

My only complaint is the menu system. I wish the live portion of Hulu interfaces a little more like cable or satellite.

• Agree
Reactions: ISU22CY

Cycloneman24

May 15, 2018
Just got rid of Direct Tv a few months ago for this. You have all the channels you need. Highly recommend, maybe with everyone getting rid of cable/dish/direct tv they will be forced to lower their outrageous prices.

JaCyn

Mar 18, 2017
It’s great. Tons of shows and sports.

My only complaint is the menu system. I wish the live portion of Hulu interfaces a little more like cable or satellite.
The guide bothers me, and in general it's not very intuitive. Kinda like switching from android to apple. Like the channels and quality so far.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

vacyclone

Nov 17, 2012
I tried 3 different services before settling on PSVue. Hulu was way better than Sling (didn't even use it for the whole trial), but I agree with others about the guide and pausing issues. PSVue costs a little more, but I think it's worth it.

One other consideration could be which service carries your local channels. Hulu carries all 4 of mine, but PSVue doesn't have CBS, which means I have to switch over to an antenna when there's something I want to watch. Obviously, I determined that wasn't a deal-breaker, but it may be for you.

Reactions: k123

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I’m not thrilled YouTubeTV is adding more channels and taking the price up.

When will true ala cart tv be an option???

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I’m not thrilled YouTubeTV is adding more channels and taking the price up.

When will true ala cart tv be an option???
You don’t want it. The closest you’ll get is every content creator hosts their own distribution service and you’ll have 18 different accounts.

The alternative is cadillac TV bundles. Just be glad OTT services allow you to cancel immediately and don’t charge you rent to use ****** outdated hardware

JaCyn

Mar 18, 2017
I tried 3 different services before settling on PSVue. Hulu was way better than Sling (didn't even use it for the whole trial), but I agree with others about the guide and pausing issues. PSVue costs a little more, but I think it's worth it.

One other consideration could be which service carries your local channels. Hulu carries all 4 of mine, but PSVue doesn't have CBS, which means I have to switch over to an antenna when there's something I want to watch. Obviously, I determined that wasn't a deal-breaker, but it may be for you.
Any CBS or just doesn't have local?