***Official March Madness Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
Virginia wins their first National Championship.

Virginia's championship is the 15th for the ACC tying the Pacific Twelve for the most all-time. It is the ACC's 3rd championship in the last 5 years.

The last Pacific Twelve team to win a National Championship was Arizona in 1997. Since then the ACC has won 8 National Championships.

Virginia is the first team from the state of Virginia to win a National Championship.

Tony Bennett becomes the 3rd coach to win the championship in his first appearance in the title game since 2014. Jay Wright (Villanova, 2016) and Kevin Ollie (Connecticut, 2014) won in their first appearance.

With Virginia winning, it is the 3rd straight year that a #1 seed has won a National Championship.

Texas Tech loses to the team that won the championship for the second consecutive tournament. They lost to Villanova in the Elite Eight last year. Before last year, the only other time they lost to the eventual champion was 1961 when they lost to Cincinnati in the Sweet Sixteen.

Virginia is the first team to win two overtime games in a single tournament since 2000 (Seton Hall). They are the first National Champion to win two overtime games in a single tournament since 1997 (Arizona).

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Can't wait to hear Sir Charles complain about the offense in this game.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I really like instant replay but I think some changes need to be made. Was the ball off Tech, yep. But the Virginia player committed a foul before knocking the ball out of his hand. Not sure how you correct it though?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I really like instant replay but I think some changes need to be made. Was the ball off Tech, yep. But the Virginia player committed a foul before knocking the ball out of his hand. Not sure how you correct it though?
Stop letting them watch 18 slowmo replay angles to correct a call made in real time on the floor. They should get a very limited number (like 1 or 2) of looks all at normal speed to correct any exceedingly obvious mistakes and that's it.