derpyherky

May 11, 2018
Wow this thread is pure gold. Pure enough that I thought I should bless everyone with my posting.

@benjimill
@iahawks

200w.webp

You two use to be the more reasonable iowa fans on here. Now you've gone full yeahMVCmashbuddyUP.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yes...Iowa milked that ISU win all season and still are. The pollsters gave it a lot of weight

ISU was without FOUR players with starting experience vs Iowa
Young
Wiggington
Lard
Talley

But that doesn't matter with typical closed-minded Hawk fans living in their bubble, who can't even name more than 2 starters on their own teams' roster

FIFY.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Cyclone fans would rather have a Big 12 team represent the conference in the national title game than a win against their in state rival is what I've gathered.

It's more exciting that ISU went into, at the very least, the national runner up's home court, who has a very respectful and respectable coach, with players that play the same way, and beat them, than some game in December where ISU's roster is limited, and the opponent's coach known for coaching players to play dirty and cheap, is sending ringers out to cause physical conflict and home-state walk-ons are selling out by throwing up 3s from 6 feet deep.

Haha, Bobo ran off the court that night holding up a #1 after the game. Really?

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Cyclone fans would rather have a Big 12 team represent the conference in the national title game than a win against their in state rival is what I've gathered.
Stop gathering and start thinking.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I think it will be hard for TTU to keep Beard. There are some Blue bloods with very old coaches (or under investigation of the FBI). The one saving grace I heard that Tech has... Beard's kids live in Lubbock.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Yes...Iowa milked that ISU win for weeks. The pollsters gave it a lot of weight

Young
Wiggington
Lard
Talley

But that doesn't matter with typical closed-minded Hawk fans living in their bubble, who can't even name more than 2 starters on their own teams' roster

Don't forget Iowa had a player that was so injured he could only play one game this year play and start a bunch of ****.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL

I don't think you are interpreting it quite right. I don't think it's a "rather" situation. Most ISU fans would enjoy a win over Iowa. The only thing is, even had ISU won the game, it wouldn't have been the best win of the season, by a long shot and being a December game, means very little in the scheme of the season. So after a decent season over all and winning the conference tournament, seeing a Big 12 team in the NCAA finals is pretty cool and I'm sure would still be the major talk on here had ISU beaten Iowa in December as that game wouldn't really mean anything at this point.

I mean I don't blame Iowa fans for continuing to talk about that win over ISU, since it was most definitely one of the best wins on Iowa's schedule and obviously the highlight of the season for you.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
B1G country fans will be salty because one of 'their' teams lost to some team from such an inferior conference.

I can pretty much guarantee most of them hadn't heard of Culver or even knew about Tech's season because that would require being knowledgeable about teams outside the B1G.
I’ve eaten at a Culver’s
Yes...Iowa milked that ISU win for weeks. The pollsters gave it a lot of weight

Young
Wiggington
Lard
Talley

Lard and Talley both played against the Hawks.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
I think it will be hard for TTU to keep Beard. There are some Blue bloods with very old coaches (or under investigation of the FBI). The one saving grace I heard that Tech has... Beard's kids live in Lubbock.

Also - Beard has a rather large buyout on his contract. Almost Fran-sized.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
More verification you don’t know how to read. I said the Big Ten is the best conference top to bottom. That is true. I never said the Big Ten is the best overall conference.

Well thank god the idiot hawk has responded. And you are still wrong.

knightxc

Sep 5, 2014
MN
More verification you don’t know how to read. I said the Big Ten is the best conference top to bottom. That is true. I never said the Big Ten is the best overall conference.
if that was true then they would also be the best conference overall.....because the metric doesn't just take the top 3 teams from a conference....i know logic is hard

Reactions: GTO

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron