Mad Fran to Razorbacks?

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Wonder if Barta has the gonads to not extend Fran, if Fran is using this to get more money. He's probably pissed that Nebby opens the coffers for Fred and becomes the 3rd highest paid coach in the Big 10.

BTW- I really want Barta to re up Fran's contract, just to get all the hawk fans irate!!

Fran already got a year extension plus a cool $2 million in additional salary (400k a year added) just for being a 10 seed

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Just when my hope started to fall. You better not be messing around here DL

Lol I'm not, I don't know how to track flights but was told that from someone who would know. I'm sure it's on a board somewhere to confirm if it's legit. I was pretty much told Fran would take the job if offered but they don't think he'll get the opportunity and he's a few people down on their list. Sounds like Alford is ahead of him honestly which is pretty ironic

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Clearly, I'm not interested in such an item for myself but where...where would someone find one of these.

I know this because I have a buddy that likes to add weird **** to my Amazon cart via my Alexa when they're over. A while back I found a large cat imprinted "toy" in my cart.

How he knew about it is a question I will never ask.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and JP4CY

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I know this because I have a buddy that likes to add weird **** to my Amazon cart via my Alexa when they're over. A while back I found a large cat imprinted "toy" in my cart.

How he knew about it is a question I will never ask.

giphy.gif

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I seriously doubt Fran was ever a candidate for this job unless Arkansas missed on their first 10 candidates.

You don't fly to meet with someone if you aren't a candidate. Sure he's far down their list and maybe he was the one that initiated the conversation but he was/is still a candidate

• Funny
Reactions: iahawks

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
People say Iowa is a good job, if so why have their coaches left to take worse jobs? Not like Arkansas is a bad job, but that program isn't good right now and they just fired a good coach.

Arizona before it was good, USC, Fired-retired, New Mexico State, Fired, and where ever Fran ends up.

For ISU it has been Retired-with pressure, Bulls, Natty Light, Fired, Creighton, Bulls.

The only reason Iowa is a “good job” is because they have to pay out the ass for their basketball coaches. Big money, results optional = good job in my book.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You don't fly to meet with someone if you aren't a candidate. Sure he's far down their list and maybe he was the one that initiated the conversation but he was/is still a candidate

Keep being you.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Pretty sad when two threads on HN about Fran going to Arkansas have combined less posts than the "Hoiberg to Nebraska" thread on HN.

Does that mean hawk fans don't give a crap about Iowa basketball and Fran? Or that there is nothing to the whole story?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Pretty sad when two threads on HN about Fran going to Arkansas have combined less posts than the "Hoiberg to Nebraska" thread on HN.

Does that mean hawk fans don't give a crap about Iowa basketball and Fran? Or that there is nothing to the whole story?

Who goes to HN?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron