Mad Fran to Razorbacks?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Is Arkansas really a better job than Iowa or Houston? If you can't get Chicago corridor talent to Iowa you aren't going to be able to get deep south talent in Arkansas.

Same thing it wouldn't be any easier to get talent to Arkansas than Houston. Arkansas glory years are almost as distant as Houston's too.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
If they met and that was leaked, Fran might be interested. I bet Barta is writing a new contract as I type.

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Barta's "To-Do" list for today...
- Extend Fran to 2030 with $500K annual automatic raise and $15M buyout
- Extend Kirk to 2030 with $500K annual automatic raise and $30M buyout...because Arkansas might go after the football coach too.
- Send thank you letter to Arkansas AD for pointing out how important the Iowa coaches are to Iowa's athletic success.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
If they met and that was leaked, Fran might be interested. I bet Barta is writing a new contract as I type.
Administrative assistant "Mr. Barta, could I set up a meeting with Lisa Bluder and you for tomorrow, she's back after her elite 8 appearance and want to talk about the season and future?"

Barta "um, who...oh yeah, that one....tell her we can connect in June or July"

Admin Assistant "should I pull her contract so you can review it prior to the meeting?"

Barta "Listen, hun,...I'm just real busy and in a hurry...could you call Tom Arnold and Ashton to see of they could ponybup a fee more million to add to Fran's contract I'm working on...and didn't spell 20 million buyout right?"

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Fran has probably met with more than Arkansas. He just took a program like Iowa to the 2nd Round with a bunch of tavernhawks. He needs to strike while he can.

• Funny
Reactions: KKramer