THT Going into the Draft

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
My bad. I'll get to telling everyone how much were going to suck.
I'm just judging based on stats, not potential. If you are realistic with yourself, you would agree there are some gaps and concern with what is coming back. The best part is that SP has the summer to fill those gaps with transfers or recruits.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It was "tongue in cheek", you honestly think I take this stuff that seriously? Some people on here do, but I dont.

I forgot to ask, were you the only one sitting at the football game when the Sweet 16 team got honored? I remember them getting a standing ovation by the crowd

ef8ca78aaabfc8e3527ba6003a3562c0--isu-basketball-basketball-quotes.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: spitfyr36

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
NBA is all about potential. THT is only 18 years old. Lots of talent. He is probably going to be picked at the highest choice this year and staying in school won’t really help him. It may hurt him. THT forces a lot of bad shots. Inconsistent. Makes some bad decisions. THT was on the bench with the game on the line. And he played poorly in the NCAA Tourney. Probably a good move to declare.

Low energy.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
NBA is all about potential. THT is only 18 years old. Lots of talent. He is probably going to be picked at the highest choice this year and staying in school won’t really help him. It may hurt him. THT forces a lot of bad shots. Inconsistent. Makes some bad decisions. THT was on the bench with the game on the line. And he played poorly in the NCAA Tourney. Probably a good move to declare.

I think too many fans are taking THT decision as a personal attack on the program and how it affects US next year through the team prospects. If any of us were in the same position as THT and were looking at getting millions of dollars to play a sport full time we would make the same choice. Especially because it isn't guaranteed that he will help his stock by staying a year.

Just look at Wigginton's pro prospects from this point last year to now, he stayed due to improve his stock and due to injury went from being likely a high second round pick to now likely undrafted.
No one would have predicted that result coming into the year, if THT is evaluated at a first round pick, and a majority of scouts see him as that right now, he needs to go and secure his and his family's future now and not risk it.

Currently he is projected as late teens to middle twenties and as good of a player as he is, I don't think he'll be able to improve enough to jump into the top 10 after one year and really make a difference in the first contract.

As for recruiting and Prohm, this is a good thing. It shows ISU can get players into the league (which does include Nader, Burton, Monte, and Georges) which will only pay dividends on the trail in the long run. Every program has to deal with some unexpected attrition every year and I have confidence the staff has a plan.
In the end I would rather it due to player leaving to be first round picks rather than transferring to mid-major schools.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I attended the Big XII Tournament Championship game and watched the players closely during the post game celebration and trophy presentation. I would not say it was blatant but I felt that THT is the odd man out on this roster. Interaction between him and other players (hugs, high fives, body posture, etc.) seemed to be strained.

Could be some level of addition by subtraction if he goes pro. Again, just my opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: burn587

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
You're not having a complete meltdown already? What does the complete meltdown look like? I mean I seriously think I need to block you, and that illustrious list only includes Argent and Cat Stevens. Think of the company you're keeping if you're on that list.

Think of the movie Falling Down. That is the meltdown that is going to happen.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I wondered if he would stay because someone needs to take Marial's shots/points. But I'm not sure this is as horrible as it seems. The guy shot 40% from the field and took A TON of bad shots. Clearly a volume guy that shot below average.

Tons of upside which is all the NBA cares about but wasn't the greatest fit in our system. Good luck to him at the next level, wherever that may be.

If Lindell chooses to stay, he is going to be the primary scorer for this team - right where he likely wants to be.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Says the guy that turns every thread into a Prohm bash fest

CW even told him to shut up in the thread about the end-of-season podcast.

You know what, then just don't listen.

I'm sorry. But literally every time you comment on any of our content all you do is complain about it.

If it's all so terrible, by all means, find another free Iowa State site.

• Disagree
Reactions: NoCreativity

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Why don’t people understand that a lot of the difference between the Fred vs Prohm comparisons are that Fred overachieved in 5 of 6 years. Fred’s last year definitely underachieved but it was the first one and didn’t self destruct until the tournament. Prohm has yet to really exceed expectations. Fred had that cushion built in that Prohm doesn’t.

LOFL. Are you kidding? If people would have predicted this season before it happened, people would have taken that in a heartbeat. This revisionist history ******** has to stop.