***Official March Madness Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I want a defense like Texas Tech. I hope we’re taking notes and just try to copy everything they’re doing on defense next year.
according to some people we already do.

Hopefully UCLA backs up the brinks trucks and gets Beard...maybe I'm too optimistic in wishing that.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and awd4cy

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Who was right about Mooney and TxT?

Making that game in Lubbock (and playing them tough in Ames) look better and better.

according to some people we already do.

Name some names.

Their defense is #1 on Barttorik (and #1 overall, and rising while doing it). Ours was #55.

We were #9 on offense, though.

Reactions: KillBilly

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Of all the programs I thought would see a final four before Iowa State in my lifetime, Texas Tech was not one of them

Yeah, getting a little tired of these programs with nothing going for them making the Final Four and ISU sits home year after year. Tech, South Carolina, Loyola, Oklahoma, WSU, VCU, LSU....frustrating. Shows how much the Big 12 tournament really means.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
Chris Beard is in his first final four. Either Tony Bennett or Matt Painter will be in his first final four.

If Auburn wins tomorrow, Bruce Pearl will be in his first final four.

If that happens, it will be the second time in 2 years that there have been 3 first-time coaches in the final four.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Man Beard has Tech rolling right now. They were complete **** 3 years ago. Now they’re probably the second best program in the conference.
Only two players in their rotation were even on the roster before last year, and that includes Francis as a redshirt in 2016-17.

Incredible job by Beard. An Elite Eight, Final Four, Big 12 title, and an Evans injury away from another conference title.

A lot of us wanted Mooney, but he probably went to the program that fit him the best.

• Agree
Reactions: KillBilly and Cy$

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Who was right about Mooney and TxT?

Making that game in Lubbock (and playing them tough in Ames) look better and better.

Name some names.

Their defense is #1 on Barttorik (and #1 overall, and rising while doing it). Ours was #55.

We were #9 on offense, though.
I remember people in the "Ranking Big 12 coaches" thread that were hating on Beard. I also recall a guy that is pretty high up here that is a Beard hater.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I'm looking for the thread surly made but can't find it. Jeremy is a good guy as I've met him in real life before but don't agree with him when he was posting his takes on Chris Beard.

As far as Tech's defense, it's always been good throughout the season even during the losing streak. The three game stretch that Sig mentioned they struggled scoring.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I'm looking for the thread surly made but can't find it. Jeremy is a good guy as I've met him in real life before but don't agree with him when he was posting his takes on Chris Beard.

As far as Tech's defense, it's always been good throughout the season even during the losing streak. The three game stretch that Sig mentioned they struggled scoring.
I remember the thread. It might have been in the regular men’s basketball forum. Beard was getting a ton of hate. Mind boggling really.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I remember the thread. It might have been in the regular men’s basketball forum. Beard was getting a ton of hate. Mind boggling really.

Yeah his teams have been tough the whole time he's been there.

Seems like a good dude too.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Gonzaga gets to work on so many defenses during the year because they play in such a ****** conference.

To be fair to them, they also play their toughest games of the season at a time when most other schools are scheduling the weakest schools they can get away with so they can work on their defenses.

Reactions: Doc