Western Iowa
I know something sometimes
UnluckyUnrealisticCaracal-small.gif

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Hoiberg at KU would be fun, perhaps even good for ISU. He’s not changing their recruiting profile, and hopefully he’d bring his average defense to that program (although I suspect with KU type recruits his preference for offense would be less noticeable). There would be some hype to the KU-ISU matchups.
Fred is too smart to follow Self, I mean he won what 14 straight conference titles, can you imaging if Fred does not win conference his first 2 years?

No way he takes that, on the other hand UCLA is a train wreck only way to go is up. And he would be near Lakers/Clippers franchises.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Fred is too smart to follow Self, I mean he won what 14 straight conference titles, can you imaging if Fred does not win conference his first 2 years?

No way he takes that, on the other hand UCLA is a train wreck only way to go is up. And he would be near Lakers/Clippers franchises.

This is MY dream job for Fred. Would love this.

• Agree
Reactions: keepngoal

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017

I hear people say things like Fred it too smart to...
But this is the same guy that went into a complete disaster in Chicago under management that everyone knows is suspect at best. IDK

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Sorry but this is idiocy. You really think having him at KU would "be fun"?? I'm cheering for my team, not entertainment.
Sounds like you are also into cheering for Hoiberg.

Cheering for your team and entertainment are far closer to being coterminous than mutually exclusive. More hype for the KU-ISU matchup while also having a better chance to win due to Hoiberg being a step down from the typical KU coach would be fun, entertaining, and consistent with cheering for your team.

To trivialize my point, I’d feel even better if they hired our beloved Naz Long. Due to KU being a blueblood, it doesn’t negatively impact ISU, but brings a stronger coupling of the programs in the media, while also likely decreasing KU’s winning percentage. Hoiberg does the same to a degree, but is actually a slight possibility if Self were to leave.

Last edited:

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
And made $25 million.

Depending on how the rest of his coaching career shakes out, I would argue that he may have come out ahead in the long term at ISU. Will never know now, and frankly I think we are in as good (if not better) situation now, but based on how things were looking at ISU he would have had a very long and financially rewarding career had he not jumped to that mess in Chicago.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Hiring Wardle would be a huge mistake by Nebraska. They would have been better off keeping Miles. Also wasn't Wardle the guy that banned the Peoria newspaper beat reporter saying he didn't "promote the Bradley brand"?
He won't have that problem with the Nebraska media.

• Winner
  • Funny
Reactions: DSMCy and heitclone

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Depending on how the rest of his coaching career shakes out, I would argue that he may have come out ahead in the long term at ISU. Will never know now, and frankly I think we are in as good (if not better) situation now, but based on how things were looking at ISU he would have had a very long and financially rewarding career had he not jumped to that mess in Chicago.

He would’ve had to do something to deal with all the NBA rumors or he’d have been going up against Fran for recruits.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
Man it'd be great if they hire the Bradley coach, I live in Husker country and these guys didn't know who Fred was a month ago, now they are all experts on his career and cbb in general. This would be better than a Niang level of trolling.
You mean to tell me that husker fans didn't know something existed outside of husker athletics?!?!

(Note the intentional lack of capitalization, they don't deserve it.)

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Is this facetious? TJ just got hired as the head coach at UNLV... no way he gives up that gig to be an assistant at Nebraska...
I said NEW TJ and Matt. There's always up and comers, and I imagine Fred is privy to those types because he is good at the front office networking stuff.

Reactions: ComCY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron