***Official 2018-19 Transfer Thread***

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
No doubt. He had 33 offers out of HS (including us). Anyone know who his top picks were before deciding on Alabama?

I do know ISU was in his Top 12.

Kids these days do "lists" of their Top 40 schools! Its dumb. Lol

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Lewis is going to have a ton of suitors.

He will, but he did during his high school recruitment too and ISU was one of his top choices, always speaking highly of ISU when asked about his recruitment, before staying close to home picking Bama. I do think a reason Kira choose Bama was the presence of Wigginton after he returned instead of turning pro and the lack of clear playing time available (w/NWB)

His relationship with Prohm and Kane should give ISU a leg up over many other programs to at least listen to their pitch. It could be an ideal situation for Kira, get a year to learn under the coaches and be ready to be the focal Point Guard in ISU system. He may get the opportunity to play against Lindell for a year to sharpen his skills.

I am not saying ISU will be a favorite for Lewis's services, as you said there will be a lot of programs who weren't previously involved who will be after his play at Alabama this year. Plus there may be a family reason or something that will come into play.
I believe ISU is in a better position than a lot currently due to connections and would be shocked if Kira hasn't already been contacted by Kane.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
He will, but he did during his high school recruitment too and ISU was one of his top choices before staying close to home and picking Bama. I do think a reason Kira choose Bama was the presence of Wigginton after he returned instead of turning pro and the lack of clear playing time available (w/NWB)

His relationship with Prohm and Kane should give ISU a leg up over many other programs to at least listen to their pitch. It could be an ideal situation for Kira, get a year to learn under the coaches and be ready to be the focal Point Guard in ISU system. He may get the opportunity to play against Lindell for a year to sharpen his skills.

I am not saying ISU will be a favorite for Lewis's services, as you said there will be a lot of programs who weren't previously involved who will be after his play at Alabama this year. Plus there may be a family reason or something that will come into play.
I believe ISU is in a better position than a lot currently due to connections and would be shocked if Kira hasn't already been contacted by Kane.

The X factor with this may be who Alabama signs on as coach. I'm sure his very first order of business will be trying to talk him into staying.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club

tenor.gif

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
No doubt. He had 33 offers out of HS (including us). Anyone know who his top picks were before deciding on Alabama?

He released a Top 12 shortly before officially visiting and committing to Alabama. The schools included were Alabama, Auburn, Baylor, Georgia, Houston, Indiana, ISU, Kansas, LSU, Providence, Ole Miss, and TCU. According to his 247 timeline, before commiting to the Tide in August 2018 he made unofficial visits to Alabama (twice), Kentucky, Georgia, TCU, and Ole Miss that summer. It appears Tennessee and Baylor were also pretty involved earlier on in the recruitment.

Regardless, he'll obviously have a long list of suitors like it's been mentioned. I'd imagine the Kane and Prohm relationship will put ISU's foot in the door for a puncher's chance though. With the NCAA getting more lax on the hardship waivers, I don't think you can rule him out as an immediately eligible guy either.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Man, the DM Register's website is a cesspool of rampant banners and popups. It's immediately annoying.

Get an Ad Blocker, old man.

He will, but he did during his high school recruitment too and ISU was one of his top choices, always speaking highly of ISU when asked about his recruitment, before staying close to home picking Bama. I do think a reason Kira choose Bama was the presence of Wigginton after he returned instead of turning pro and the lack of clear playing time available (w/NWB)

We will lose Nixon and either lose/not have back for next year Wigginton and Horton-Tucker after next season. If PT is his worry, then the pitch is easy that he would come off the redshirt as the new focus of the offense, replacing LW or THT as the volume scorer.

Having a PG like Haliburton around to feed him has to be a selling point, too. Everybody worth their salt is going to want this kid, but the path is there for a courtship.

I did not even realize this, but here are the AST and TO numbers for Nick and Tyrese...

Nick = 140 AST / 55 TO = 2.54
Tyrese = 125 AST / 28 TO = 4.46

I know Nick was the one bringing the ball up the court, but Tyrese was not too far behind him for orchestrating the offense. I feel better about next year seeing this.

For comparison, for Monté's career...

768 AST / 165 TO = 4.65

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Is there anything to this Kira Lewis thing, or is it just speculation?

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Is there anything to this Kira Lewis thing, or is it just speculation?

Just speculation so far due to the strong prior relationship with Kane and Prohm. Kane was one of the first to identify him on the recruiting trail and Kane/Prohm got Lewis to unofficially visit Murray his sophomore year.

I don't see any of the Goodman tweets some were referencing...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron