Lard Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

algonacy

Feb 19, 2012
Iowa
Good luck Cam. I believe you are a monster basketball player with great potential. Wish it would have worked out here for you, but you need to do what you need to do.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Just realized this but Solomon Young is the only HS recruit left from Prohm's first two recruiting classes.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
First, thanks to Cam for all of his efforts. I wish him nothing but the best.
To those you of you insinuating ot commenting that Cam was suspended for going to a bar mid-week and that was against team rules, my comment would be team rules are team rules. Now if you can prove other teammates were with him and they were not suspended but he was, then we have an issue. If not, then it is a non-issue.
As far as additional departures go, we will wait and see on THT and Lindell. I am more in the Jake Sullivan camp that believes Lindell would be silly to leave. Next year could be his chance to show his leadership. We have enough talent to be pretty salty and beat some teams. Improving his leadership role and working on whatever the NBA tells him may help his draft stock. I really hope TLew decides to stay because I think he will get more opportunities for playing time. Same for Zion. I don't see Solomon leaving town. We needed him in a bad way this year on more than one occasion and I don't think next year will be any different. I think he has an honest chance to start, especially now that Cam is leaving.

If Wigginton and THT stay, Lewis won't see much more playing time unless he makes some big strides in the offseason. I don't think there is any way Young starts over Jacobson.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
First, thanks to Cam for all of his efforts. I wish him nothing but the best.
To those you of you insinuating ot commenting that Cam was suspended for going to a bar mid-week and that was against team rules, my comment would be team rules are team rules. Now if you can prove other teammates were with him and they were not suspended but he was, then we have an issue. If not, then it is a non-issue.
http://www.iowastatedaily.com/sport...cle_fdc4e782-99b8-11e3-87db-001a4bcf887a.html

I can’t remember the details but this sounds like he wasn’t even suspended for being criminally in a bar. Team rules are team rules but the question is probably more along the lines of are the rules realistic. It would kind of tend towards my opinion that Prohm may have to high of moral rules for the program. This really gets to another question but this isn’t Sunday school. We should want respectable responsible student athletes but they are still college students.

cyfamily

Mar 19, 2015
Best of luck to Cam. I wish it would have worked out, because I think he would have had a powerful story to tell. I hope he finds success somewhere else and is able to tell that story....

I also believe that Coach Prohm will be a big star in the Cam Lard story. He did everything in his power to help him. In hindsight Cam will realize that.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
http://www.iowastatedaily.com/sport...cle_fdc4e782-99b8-11e3-87db-001a4bcf887a.html

I can’t remember the details but this sounds like he wasn’t even suspended for being criminally in a bar. Team rules are team rules but the question is probably more along the lines of are the rules realistic. It would kind of tend towards my opinion that Prohm may have to high of moral rules for the program. This really gets to another question but this isn’t Sunday school. We should want respectable responsible student athletes but they are still college students.
It's one thing being a college student, and one being a college student athlete. One is getting school paid for because of their athleticism. That is a sacrifice.

• Agree
Reactions: flycy and SECyclone

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Do we know what year those are from? I bet they are from 2017 when that classes ratings first came out and haven’t been updated since then.

Looks like only one analyst has picked on Rivals. Corey Evans and it was from September of 18.
5 picks on 247. 3 are from 2017. Three of them, one from Jerry Meyer, are from September of 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron