Lard Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Hate to see it... my biggest problems with Coach Prohm are his treatment of Deonte Burton and Cam Lard. I say this with no idea of what was going on at practice etc...., so blast me on this. But both of these guys had the ability (if allowed) to change games. Again, I have no idea to what took these 2 players to the "doghouse", but when Burton was on his game and when Lard was involved - difference makers on a very high level. Look at Burton's game against a highly rated Gonzaga team, only to find time on the bench after.....

I assume you are talking about McKay and not Deonte Burton? If not, WUT.

curtgouty

Dec 27, 2017
Deonte Burton is signed to an NBA contract now. I would say that's largely due to his development under Prohm.

Edit:
Also, Burton played 30 minutes in the next game after the Gonzaga game. Any game after that that he played fewer than 20, it appears that either it was against a bad team, he was in foul trouble, or was having a bad game.
Source: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/deonte-burton-2/gamelog/2017
Your probably right, I just remember a game that Prohm took out DB in Ames, and within a few minutes DB put himself back in (only to be taken back out by Prohm soon after realizing). I recall him being on a "short leash" at the time also.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Maybe your right.... forget the talent and just discipline......

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say here. Check out the edit I made on my last post. It doesn't look like Prohm "disciplined" Burton in any way. I think that long-term, pretty much any player who has played under Prohm would say that he was a big factor in their development as a basketball player and a person.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Cam was one of my favorite players I’ve ever seen play at ISU. I loved his energy and how he had the athleticism of a guard in a 6’9” body. Disappointed it didn’t work out. I really hope he ends up in a place where they will also support him rather than just use him for his ability.

Do you think that happened here?

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Will be interesting to see where this offseason goes.

As others have mentioned, Cam is likely not our last departure. Worst case we end up losing 8 of our top 11 guys (Babb, Shayok, Talley, Wigginton, THT, Cam, Solo, TLew). Doubtful it happens but you could make an argument for each having a reason to go.
Imagine if TLew were to go, it'd be after Wig or THT make a decision to stay. Would be surprising if we lose all three as there would be a bevy of minutes available for TLew, but who knows.

Full CF meltdown would commenced should that nightmare scenario occur. Would have Mike, Tyrese, Zion, Conditt, Nixon, the 3 frosh + 5 additional recruits.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Solo shouldn't be in the possible leaving list, would not make sense now after redshirting. Now Grad transferring after next year could be possible.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
Chronic........"long lasting and difficult to eradicate"

Addicted....."physically and emotionally dependent"

If you have been using for a long time and are having difficulty stopping..........I would say you are addicted. This BS play with words and stats are put out there by people who are either high....or have a monetary interest in the product i.e. government. Neither is productive. Because if you're "chronic".......you're addicted. Also....to rationalize using making it look palatable by comparing it to the lowest common denominator....you may want to look in the mirror and set your life goals just a bit higher.

I had a talk with a clinical psychologist I'm friends with just last weekend. She said that most of the studies are still insufficient in terms of time/# of users, have been funded by money that with an anti-pot lean, and have had a hard time getting the government to cooperate. She basically said all of the stats at this point have been weaponized to prove a point pro or con on the subject. Mayo isn't immune to this. Just fyi from someone who knows more.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
You are talking to a Lard-stan here. But the writing was on the wall dude. Cam wanted more but couldn't meet the standards put on him by this staff (it is on Cam if he chooses to go to AJ's ultralounge on a Tuesday night of game week when it's known players aren't allowed in bars). It is what it is now, and we have Jacobson Conditt and Solo back. This is not that huge of a blow in the grand scheme of this program imo.
Was he really suspended for going to a bar during the week?

WoodCy

Feb 28, 2014
Atkins, IA
First, thanks to Cam for all of his efforts. I wish him nothing but the best.
To those you of you insinuating ot commenting that Cam was suspended for going to a bar mid-week and that was against team rules, my comment would be team rules are team rules. Now if you can prove other teammates were with him and they were not suspended but he was, then we have an issue. If not, then it is a non-issue.
As far as additional departures go, we will wait and see on THT and Lindell. I am more in the Jake Sullivan camp that believes Lindell would be silly to leave. Next year could be his chance to show his leadership. We have enough talent to be pretty salty and beat some teams. Improving his leadership role and working on whatever the NBA tells him may help his draft stock. I really hope TLew decides to stay because I think he will get more opportunities for playing time. Same for Zion. I don't see Solomon leaving town. We needed him in a bad way this year on more than one occasion and I don't think next year will be any different. I think he has an honest chance to start, especially now that Cam is leaving.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron