Lard Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Just in case you forgot:
No one said people can’t have opinions. But if I’m a factory worker and I come on the internet ******** about NASA and how they are ******* up the space program with their ****** rockets and I’ve never made a rocket, never ridden in a rocket, never seen how they build the rocket are you going to put much weight in to my opinion?

Sweeping generalization. Did I say anything about making everything addictive illegal. The fact it gunnerclone is wrong.

As you stated it is addictive, medical marijuana alone has proven to be addictive in 10% of cases.

So are PX drugs but that's not stopping people from making a sh*tload off of them.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
When less than 10% of chronic users can get addicted to it, it's not a real problem when you compare it to high percentages of addicts from legal drugs like tobacco and booze.

Chronic........"long lasting and difficult to eradicate"

Addicted....."physically and emotionally dependent"

If you have been using for a long time and are having difficulty stopping..........I would say you are addicted. This BS play with words and stats are put out there by people who are either high....or have a monetary interest in the product i.e. government. Neither is productive. Because if you're "chronic".......you're addicted. Also....to rationalize using making it look palatable by comparing it to the lowest common denominator....you may want to look in the mirror and set your life goals just a bit higher.

• Agree
Reactions: clone1990

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
As Gunnerclone famously said:

“No one said people can’t have opinions. But if I’m a factory worker and I come on the internet ******** about NASA and how they are ******* up the space program with their ****** rockets and I’ve never made a rocket, never ridden in a rocket, never seen how they build the rocket are you going to put much weight in to my opinion?”

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Cam was one of my favorite players I’ve ever seen play at ISU. I loved his energy and how he had the athleticism of a guard in a 6’9” body. Disappointed it didn’t work out. I really hope he ends up in a place where they will also support him rather than just use him for his ability.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
When less than 10% of chronic users can get addicted to it, it's not a real problem when you compare it to high percentages of addicts from legal drugs like tobacco and booze.

Depends if you're in the 10%. Depends if your family is impacted by those in the 10% but no worries. My bad I brought it up.

Oh - best of luck Cam! Hope you find the right fit!

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I’ve never been a weed smoker, but I’ve done a 180 on marijuana.

It’s far less destructive than alcohol, IMO.

And the gateway drug argument is bogus considering alcohol is a way bigger gateway overall.

If you had to grow up in a household with an alcoholic parent or a pot smoker parent, you’d probably chose the pot smoker.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I’ve never been a weed smoker, but I’ve done a 180 on marijuana.

It’s far less destructive than alcohol, IMO.

And the gateway drug argument is bogus considering alcohol is a way bigger gateway overall.

If you had to grow up in a household with an alcoholic parent or a pot smoker parent, you’d probably chose the pot smoker.
A lot of us probably did grow up with parents who smoked pot.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Fred's 1st recruit at Neb. His Cornhusker "Royce White" to get it all started.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Why is alcohol and tobacco legal when it's much worse for you than weed? Greater rates of addiction, death, health problems with tobacco and alcohol. So you must want to make all things addictive illegal? Where do you draw the line? Alcohol? Tobacco? Fast food?

Familiarity? George Washington grew tobacco and we’ve had alcoholic presidents so I think it’s mostly a culture thing. I think we are still in need of a lot of research on pot, but speaking in utilitarian terms, I’m pretty confident legalizing it does more good than harm.

curtgouty

Dec 27, 2017
Hate to see it... my biggest problems with Coach Prohm are his treatment of Deonte Burton and Cam Lard. I say this with no idea of what was going on at practice etc...., so blast me on this. But both of these guys had the ability (if allowed) to change games. Again, I have no idea to what took these 2 players to the "doghouse", but when Burton was on his game and when Lard was involved - difference makers on a very high level. Look at Burton's game against a highly rated Gonzaga team, only to find time on the bench after.....

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Hate to see it... my biggest problems with Coach Prohm are his treatment of Deonte Burton and Cam Lard. I say this with no idea of what was going on at practice etc...., so blast me on this. But both of these guys had the ability (if allowed) to change games. Again, I have no idea to what took these 2 players to the "doghouse", but when Burton was on his game and when Lard was involved - difference makers on a very high level. Look at Burton's game against a highly rated Gonzaga team, only to find time on the bench after.....

Deonte Burton is signed to an NBA contract now. I would say that's largely due to his development under Prohm.

Edit:
Also, Burton played 30 minutes in the next game after the Gonzaga game. Any game after that that he played fewer than 20, it appears that either it was against a bad team, he was in foul trouble, or was having a bad game.
Source: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/deonte-burton-2/gamelog/2017

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
As Gunnerclone famously said:

“No one said people can’t have opinions. But if I’m a factory worker and I come on the internet ******** about NASA and how they are ******* up the space program with their ****** rockets and I’ve never made a rocket, never ridden in a rocket, never seen how they build the rocket are you going to put much weight in to my opinion?”

If you don’t think I’ve grown marijuana, smoked/eaten/vaporized/dabbed/whatever the **** else you got marijuana, or seen how marijuana affects other people then I’ve got to ask wtf are you smoking?

Great hot takedown lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron