Lard Transferring

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bthebutcher

Sep 8, 2015
Really sad to see Cam leave. Wish nothing but the best for him.

I wonder how this is going to work for him since he's already redshirted?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I hope Cam finds a place where he can fully realize his potential and will root for him where ever he lands. I wish that could have been at ISU but at this point a fresh start away from the distractions that occurred last spring and throughout this year is probably for the best.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
If he can keep his personal life straight, could be absolute dominant on a team.

I hope he thanks Prohm if that happens...but also hope he lands on a team that "get" his needs and he knows that.

• Creative
Reactions: tzjung

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Prohm: "Look Cam, I'm going to be blunt."
Lard: "No thanks, I already had one."
giphy.gif

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Lard has tremendous talent so anytime you lose a player like that it hurts.
The team's biggest problem was consistency and Lard also was a big factor in that.
Hopefully he can find somewhere he can continue to learn but I think he pushed the envelope too much here.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Well, shoot. I'm not surprised, but I was hoping that he could turn it around here. It would be hard to do that being on the third or fourth strike already, so hopefully he makes the most of a fresh start elsewhere. If he can, someone is getting one hell of a player. It's a position that is very well stocked for next year, so I think it's a place where we can afford a loss.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Not surprising but was still holding out hope he would come back. Good luck to him.

Clears the way for Conditt to get big minutes, who I think takes a big jump. George blocked shots at a very high rate, rebounded well and was solid at the defensive end. Considering his potential and attitude, I think he's going to be very good next year and REALLY hopeful that Solomon makes a full recovery.

Let's see what THT and Lindell do. Honestly, I am only really worried if both leave, and kind of view both coming back as gravy. I'm thinking unless there's a change in NBA feedback from the mock drafts Horton Tucker will leave and Lindell will come back. I am something of an eternal optimist, but I think Lindell can come back get into the 1st round. If he defends like he did vs. OU (both games) and can tighten up the handles I think he will get drafted provided he shoots 3s at the same % has for two seasons. Obviously he will be older than Derrick Rose was when Rose got drafted, but Rose was not nearly the 3p shooter Lindell is, and Rose was also turnover prone. I'm not saying LW is the next Derrick Rose, but if a 6'3 super quick, strong and athletic turnover prone combo guard that can't shoot 3s can be an NBA MVP, I think a 6'2 quick, athletic, strong turnover prone combo guard that shoots 3s at 40% can get drafted in the late first round and stick with a team.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
good news-we get a scholarship that may actually go to someone who plays regularly

bad news-Cam is probably going to end up with people who care significantly less about him as a person

likely his choice, and based on what we've seen thus far, choice selection isn't his strong suit.

onward and upward.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Not surprising but was still holding out hope he would come back. Good luck to him.

Clears the way for Conditt to get big minutes, who I think takes a big jump. George blocked shots at a very high rate, rebounded well and was solid at the defensive end. Considering his potential and attitude, I think he's going to be very good next year and REALLY hopeful that Solomon makes a full recovery.

Let's see what THT and Lindell do. Honestly, I am only really worried if both leave, and kind of view both coming back as gravy. I'm thinking unless there's a change in NBA feedback from the mock drafts Horton Tucker will leave and Lindell will come back. I am something of an eternal optimist, but I think Lindell can come back get into the 1st round. If he defends like he did vs. OU (both games) and can tighten up the handles I think he will get drafted provided he shoots 3s at the same % has for two seasons. Obviously he will be older than Derrick Rose was when Rose got drafted, but Rose was not nearly the 3p shooter Lindell is, and Rose was also turnover prone. I'm not saying LW is the next Derrick Rose, but if a 6'3 super quick, strong and athletic turnover prone combo guard that can't shoot 3s can be an NBA MVP, I think a 6'2 quick, athletic, strong turnover prone combo guard that shoots 3s at 40% can get drafted in the late first round and stick with a team.

Probably needless to say, but that's not how the NBA draft works...

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
One bad play in a game everyone was making bad plays in is a pretty ridiculous standard to hold someone to.

Really? I don't think it is ridiculous to expect that someone should refrain from trying a play that has a very, very low chance of success under the best of conditions during a critical juncture of an NCAA tourney game. The other guy who was doing that stuff earlier in the game got sent to the bench and wasn't playing when the game was in the balance. Yeah, there were bad plays from the others, but at least those occurred while trying to execute something that had at least some chance of being successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.