Hok Beat Writer Blows a .325

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
So that’s what Emmett looks like.

I would say he and Vodka Sam are soulmates, but doubt she’d want to get with him. o_O

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
There needs to be a point with the BAC where it's just not another OWI. Getting up into the 3s is so sloppy drunk that you have to be able to realize you are way past the ability to drive.

The idea that .3 and .08 are treated the same is wild.

There is a very significant difference in the danger to society presented in each instance.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
The idea that .3 and .08 are treated the same is wild.

There is a very significant difference in the danger to society presented in each instance.

We should have a progressive OWI charge based on BAC. Someone that gets an OWI at .09 and I shrug my shoulders, someone gets an OWI in the 3s and I want to punch them in the face for being a danger to the rest of us.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
There needs to be a point with the BAC where it's just not another OWI. Getting up into the 3s is so sloppy drunk that you have to be able to realize you are way past the ability to drive.

Are there tiered punishments? Or is it usually at the discretion of the judge?

To me there’s a difference between someone who had one too many at happy hour and cases like this where you get fall down drunk and still get behind the wheel. But I understand we have to draw the line somewhere.

• Agree
Reactions: GrappleCy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Are there tiered punishments? Or is it usually at the discretion of the judge?

To me there’s a difference between someone who had one too many at happy hour and cases like this where you get fall down drunk and still get behind the wheel. But I understand we have to draw the line somewhere.

I honestly do not know. I have heard of people having way different levels of BAC, but they all seem to get the same punishment.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I’d be happy with a zero tolerance policy with progressive punishments based on BAC.

This view is in no way clouded by how they are treating CBD and marijuana like it’s black tar heroin in red states.

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
We should have a progressive OWI charge based on BAC. Someone that gets an OWI at .09 and I shrug my shoulders, someone gets an OWI in the 3s and I want to punch them in the face for being a danger to the rest of us.
I'm starting to think I'm the only one that doesn't want people driving even if they're only a little drunk?

GrappleCy

Aug 7, 2018

Same. I don't think an 0.09 is anything to be proud about or anything. But I look at more like a public intox or open container - you did something stupid, you got caught, you face the consequences, you move on with your life. But when somebody is blowing at a level that would cause a lot of people to be lieing on the floor puking their guts out that's well beyond just making a bad decision.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Wow, that is a "get me a bottle of Jack and I don't need a mixer" kind of drunk.