Twister Sister Summary...the Fun Continues

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I had a walking taco?....?

Maybe they ran out. I got mine with a minute left in first game.

I didn't see anyone with them in my area at all for either game and the stand by me was closed so I thought they all were. The clone clone stand was too but I saw several of those so....I missed it when I walked around. I did walk the whole concourse because my mom wanted a program and I had a hell of a time finding that. I ended up going and getting programs for a few of the older folks in my area who didn't want to walk all the way back to the other side.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I didn't see anyone with them in my area at all for either game and the stand by me was closed so I thought they all were. The clone clone stand was too but I saw several of those so....I missed it when I walked around. I did walk the whole concourse because my mom wanted a program and I had a hell of a time finding that. I ended up going and getting programs for a few of the older folks in my area who didn't want to walk all the way back to the other side.
I guess they had a hard time finding staff (because most are students not yet back from break) so that's why most concessions were closed. More will open tomorrow night.
I don't know why the athletic department can't find more people with five days notice. Just a bad look, and doesn't serve our tremendous fan base.
To fans of opposing teams, it looks like we're surprised by large crowds for women's basketball, which should not be the case...

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
I see that the great Jackie Stiles is on the Missouri State coaching staff. I remember watching her playing for them (SW Missouri State then).

You probably are also aware that the head coach Kellie (Jolly) Harper played in 3 national championships for Pat Summitt at Tennessee. Kellie's husband is also an assistant coach.

Nothing but respect for their coaching staff & team.

Last edited:

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Acoustimac, a question for you or Mred. Nezerwa wasn't part of the senior night celebration because they were waiting on a ruling from the NCAA on whether she would be granted a 5th year. BF said they should find out any day. That was 2 weeks ago at least. Have we heard anything from the NCAA on that? I haven't seen anything but I might have missed it. That could be a game changer for us next year if she comes back. It might somewhat make up for the loss of Carleton. Personally, I think Middleton will be harder to replace. I'm not saying we won't miss the Big XII player of the year, not at all. But I think we have some pieces that can step up to help mitigate that loss.

If Maddie Wise ups her scoring output, Joens and Scott continue to develop and the flashes we saw from Maddie Frederick in the preseason are any indication of how good she might be, I think we'll be fine as far as scoring goes. Kane even showed some flashes in the exhibition season, I thought.

Middleton, I'm not so sure anyone can fill her role. I don't think Rae Johnson is the answer at point, although she is a nice fill-in for Middleton. She would have to improve a lot to make up for the loss of Middleton, IMO. McGraw isn't really a PG, but would she be a better option than Johnson at the point? Maybe Jade Thurmon or Nia Washington make a giant leap forward, but I'm not counting on it.

kcdc4isu

Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Two issues, I talked to Ines at the blown revel event and she said they had not heard anything at that time. On the point guard what we will miss is the scoring we have been getting from Alexa (as well as here assists) which we have not gotten from Rae.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Acoustimac, a question for you or Mred. Nezerwa wasn't part of the senior night celebration because they were waiting on a ruling from the NCAA on whether she would be granted a 5th year. BF said they should find out any day. That was 2 weeks ago at least. Have we heard anything from the NCAA on that? I haven't seen anything but I might have missed it. That could be a game changer for us next year if she comes back. It might somewhat make up for the loss of Carleton. Personally, I think Middleton will be harder to replace. I'm not saying we won't miss the Big XII player of the year, not at all. But I think we have some pieces that can step up to help mitigate that loss.

If Maddie Wise ups her scoring output, Joens and Scott continue to develop and the flashes we saw from Maddie Frederick in the preseason are any indication of how good she might be, I think we'll be fine as far as scoring goes. Kane even showed some flashes in the exhibition season, I thought.

Middleton, I'm not so sure anyone can fill her role. I don't think Rae Johnson is the answer at point, although she is a nice fill-in for Middleton. She would have to improve a lot to make up for the loss of Middleton, IMO. McGraw isn't really a PG, but would she be a better option than Johnson at the point? Maybe Jade Thurmon or Nia Washington make a giant leap forward, but I'm not counting on it.

My understanding is they are asking for two years of eligibility,. They are essentially making the case that her experience in Africa should not count.

I agree that Middleton will be very hard to replace. Great court sense and quick. All it takes is for one of the younger players to improve like Scott did this year. There are definitely some young talented guards on this team. As for Carlton...I think Joens is the heir apparent.

savepolarbears

Dec 4, 2013
My understanding is they are asking for two years of eligibility,. They are essentially making the case that her experience in Africa should not count.

I agree that Middleton will be very hard to replace. Great court sense and quick. All it takes is for one of the younger players to improve like Scott did this year. There are definitely some young talented guards on this team. As for Carlton...I think Joens is the heir apparent.

They usually don't make such rulings during the season, do they? Maybe a few weeks or a month after the final four, I would think.

Joens will be the main shot clock option, at least at the beginning, lots of pressure on her, going from 3 options to one. Hopefully everyone else will work hard on their handle, a team with a single penetrator isn't going to go far. Johnson will certainly be the PG, and others will have to up their game to help her out.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Madi Wise really stepped up her defensive game this season in thanks to having 3 other viable offensive options but I can see her greatly increasing her offense load next season. I was high on her during her freshmen season and can see her becoming extremely well rounded during her junior season.

ankenycyclone

Jul 23, 2008
Iowa
Sure hope there are more than just two (that's what I counted) concessions areas open tomorrow night?
If Hilton can't get it together to open and staff the place to serve food to a large crowd, then they shouldn't host NCAA tournament games anymore.
It was shameful yesterday.

I didn't understand it either. When I walked by a couple that were closed, I was really surprised. I would have thought the NCAA would have mandated they be open. Heck, I would have thought ISU Athletics would have mandated it for appearances if nothing else. Embarrassing.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I watched Maddy stroke like 8 or 9 in a row during shootaround. Her shot looks pure. I think she, Joens, and Camber all 3 have very nice form. The issue is speeding up the shot and getting those feet set and square. Bridget has a very fast release now that she didn't have as a frosh or soph either, it takes work.