Next year (2020)

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Agree and disagree. It's our biggest need but I'd say calling it a failure if we don't get a transfer is a little too far. It really depends on whats available and as of now from a fans perspective, not much is available for instant upgrades. Why waste scholarship to lure in a juco that won't score anymore points at NCAAs then Logan. Take that money and use for targeting blue chips.
Who knows, if we don't land a transfer maybe Logan can turn into our Drew Foster.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
To understand the recruiting side a little better. What type of scholarship is it taking to land these out of state higher end wrestlers. In the old days, you didn't have much over a third or half scholly for anybody on the team. Are 3/4 or near full rides given out now currently? Do you use your roughly 2- 2.5 scholarships on average every year on about 2-3 top end guys and then fill with walk-on's or how are things done now?

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
To understand the recruiting side a little better. What type of scholarship is it taking to land these out of state higher end wrestlers. In the old days, you didn't have much over a third or half scholly for anybody on the team. Are 3/4 or near full rides given out now currently? Do you use your roughly 2- 2.5 scholarships on average every year on about 2-3 top end guys and then fill with walk-on's or how are things done now?

I think a lot of it depends on other scholarships the athlete can get as well (whether those are academic or minority scholarships). I would guess the high end recruits are getting around .75 scholarship from wrestling and then the other .25 will come from random scholarships the university hands out.

• Agree
Reactions: csteve and buf87

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think a lot of it depends on other scholarships the athlete can get as well (whether those are academic or minority scholarships). I would guess the high end recruits are getting around .75 scholarship from wrestling and then the other .25 will come from random scholarships the university hands out.

What I was guessing but didn't fully know.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I think you guys are underselling Parker. Remember, he beat Demas this year (who just placed 4th and looked great) along with Kaid Brock and others.

He is a lot like Alber of UNI. He is always in the fight, but sometimes falls short of the more athletic guys at the weight. He has a limited upside but is as tough as they come. He will be top 12 next year and I don't think Ryan is there just yet.

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
I think you guys are underselling Parker. Remember, he beat Demas this year (who just placed 4th and looked great) along with Kaid Brock and others.

He is a lot like Alber of UNI. He is always in the fight, but sometimes falls short of the more athletic guys at the weight. He has a limited upside but is as tough as they come. He will be top 12 next year and I don't think Ryan is there just yet.
I get what you're saying. But if Parker beats Anderson after his redshirt year, then that means Parker is going to be TOUGH. Because Ryan is elite, elite.

• Agree
Reactions: Scott34

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Any idea if Todd Small can make 125? I thought he looked big even for 133, but if so I think he showed a lot of potential. Could push Mackall for the spot.

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
What weight is Ramazan projected at ?
I went back and watched his matches on flo. I think he can get to 125. Especially after seeing how big some other guys are at the weight. He appeared to be taller than Alex so depending on what happens in the weight room during he
Is redshirt year I think he would be 125 or if he hits it hard 133.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Any word on who the big time PA recruit you may have landed is?

A few know, but dresser prefers to announce things himself so nobody will post stuff on message boards and keep true to dresser, especially if things fall through.

isufan2

Nov 15, 2014
Nobody is mentioning the Russian? Will he be in the mix at 125 or 133? I am also high on Cory Cabanban like a poster above mentioned.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I think Ramazan has the ability to redshirt next year. He came to Iowa State in January and competed for CRTC. Not sure what weight.

I would think they will 1st see if Corey Cabanban or Todd Small could fill a spot since they already redshirted

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron