This is why Prohm must go........

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I'm not misrepresenting anything. Go actually read your responses. This is exactly what your are saying. Defend and deflect regardless of the argument. No unbiased reflection on how the team had issues or if coach Prohm may have had any role in those challenges.

Well, let me be the 100th person in here to tell you that Prohm isn't perfect. You know he has had issues making adjustments to games and drawing up successful offensive sets, both out of timeouts and for inbounds plays. He also had challenges in dealing with team chemistry.

You can defend Prohm all you want, that doesn't prevent the FACT that there are many areas he needs to improve. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

Just because someone supports the coach, doesnt mean they think he’s perfect.

You going off the deep end here kind of proved the original point.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I think the problem is that 1) Fans think they know everything. We don't. You don't. There might very well be reasons Prohm does things the way he does. And those reasons may be right. Or they might be wrong. But either way, it is very likely that you have no ******* clue either way. 2) All coaches have things they can improve. 3) If 1 and 2 are correct, then it would be nice if people didn't talk in absolutes on here.

Honest question. What makes your clue any better than mine? Just because your opinion is different? Do you have some magic insight that Prohm didn't have anything to do with the problems? If so, please share! Should we be pointing our frustrations at the people on the team who are NOT making over $2 million annually? Do you think Coach Prohm has such thins skin he needs you and Cat White Knighting' him in these message boards?

All I know is what I've observed. I observed that this team has had both chemistry and execution problems. Whose job is it again to fix those problems? To you and Cat....... Apparently the players. To me and others... We'd lean more on the coach and the value he's bringing for $2 Mill/year.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Honest question. What makes your clue any better than mine? Just because your opinion is different? Do you have some magic insight that Prohm didn't have anything to do with the problems? If so, please share! Should we be pointing our frustrations at the people on the team who are NOT making over $2 million annually? Do you think Coach Prohm has such thins skin he needs you and Cat White Knighting' him in these message boards?

All I know is what I've observed. I observed that this team has had both chemistry and execution problems. Whose job is it again to fix those problems? To you and Cat....... Apparently the players. To me and others... We'd lean more on the coach and the value he's bringing for $2 Mill/year.

But not anti prohm. Lol. But please continue to project. Reality is, none of us think he’s above reproach. You all seem to need to try to project people who support the program (and by that extension the coach), as being unable to see areas of needed improvements. Many of the same fans did this same **** after the Iowa and TCU football games

I’ll ask this then. If he’s so bad, and you are saying this over and over here, and in your meltdown about an out of bounds play, why would you want him to stay and coach?

You guys do this all the time. It’s so bad. He does this wrong and this wrong He doesn’t adjust, he doesn’t coach, he doesn’t handle personalities.

Why would you want that guy to coach your program?

Would have so much more respect for you all, if there was any honesty.

• Creative
Reactions: tzjung

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Just because someone supports the coach, doesnt mean they think he’s perfect.

You going off the deep end here kind of proved the original point.

Every thing I've said had been nuanced.
How many hundreds of responses have you personally posted on these threads defending coach blindly regardless of the argument, yet I'm the one off the deep end. Suuurrre..........

• Agree
Reactions: clone1990

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
After settling down from the loss, I have come to the conclusion that it is ******* stupid to get rid of Prohm right now. He isn't perfect, but he is doing some good things here too. Depending on who returns, next year can be very good.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

That's my entire point. Neither one of us have a clue. You don't have a clue. I don't have a clue.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Every thing I've said had been nuanced.
How many hundreds of responses have you personally posted on these threads defending coach blindly regardless of the argument, yet I'm the one off the deep end. Suuurrre..........

You definitely are impressed with your own basketball iq.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
We were dead last in the conference last year. Instead of a long rebuild he had us back in the tournament in 1 year. How many times have we had to be patient with “installing a system” “letting guys develop” coach spin in the past which led to 2-3 years of mediocrity at least. Prohm didn’t put us through that.
Granted I would have rather beaten Ohio State but cmon give the guy a break some of you.

Last edited:

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
You definitely are impressed with your own basketball iq.

You see, I've already stated several times that I want to give coach a chance to learn from the mistakes HE made with dealing with the team this year, and even if you DON'T want to hear it, he DID make mistakes. I think he can improve and I hope he'll do better. Time will tell.

But, here you are..... Taking everything personally, defending every point to the death, and as I mentioned above, you continue to react like I've kicked your dog.

I'm sure coach appreciates having you and jsb around to defend his honor in every discussion here on cy fan. I'm just not going to do that. I'll call a spade a spade and hope we can get better. If we don't improve (in chemistry or situational awareness), then eventual I probably will be in the camp thinking we need to move on.

Reactions: clone1990

Spell4isu

Jan 6, 2019
Funny coming from the guy complaining in the in game thread last night about officiating every page. Officiating was poor but this loss was on CSP. A poor excuse for a coach. No fight for his players. No change in his game plan. When officials are **** you have to ride them. When you’re constantly in their ear they will look for what you want and call it more tight. But CSP goes to Church every Sunday[/QUOTE]

So tired and old. No one thinks a man going to church makes him a good coach. But it will make him a good man. And good men are better coaches. You can take that to the bank.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
You see, I've already stated several times that I want to give coach a chance to learn from the mistakes HE made with dealing with the team this year, and even if you DON'T want to hear it, he DID make mistakes. I think he can improve and I hope he'll do better. Time will tell.

But, here you are..... Taking everything personally, defending every point to the death, and as I mentioned above, you continue to react like I've kicked your dog.

I'm sure coach appreciates having you and jsb around to defend his honor in every discussion here on cy fan. I'm just not going to do that. I'll call a spade a spade and hope we can get better. If we don't improve (in chemistry or situational awareness), then eventual I probably will be in the camp thinking we need to move on.

None of this ever happened. You are the one that got all hurt for being dumb. Not the rest of us.

A chance to learn from his mistakes? But, according to you: he keeps making the same ones over and over. So, he’s obviously not learning from them in your eyes.

Why would you want that guy leading the program of your favorite team?

Spell4isu

Jan 6, 2019
Otz. The man who brought us real Cyclones. Niang, Naz, Thomas, and Ejim.

Otz might be a good option if we do lose CSP. But man, are you really suggesting that Shayok, Wiggs, Horton Tucker, Conditt, Halliburton, and more, aren't "real" cyclones? wow.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
I am / was frustrated like everyone else at how the season ended and the struggles of February. However, with a clear head and time to consider things, I expect (and would fully support) Pollard being aggressive and extending/raising Prohm and keeping him in Ames. The grass isn't always greener, and our prospects are much better with Prohm than with a pending rebuild and the uncertainty a new coach brings.